1/48, 1/72 & 1/32- Lockheed L-188 Electra & P-3 Orion by One Man Model (3D printed models) - L-188A & P-3C released - P-3A fire bomber

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48, 1/72 & 1/32- Lockheed L-188 Electra & P-3 Orion by One Man Model (3D printed models) - in design - release L-188 in May & P-3C in July 2021
33 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

Will there be clear parts for the cockpit and cabin windows?

For as far I know there will be some acetate sheet provided......so if you are not handy with that stuff you will either have a learning curve or wait for an injection molded kit.

The kits are mostly very good in their dimensions but you still need some advanced modelling skills to build them as you need to cleanup the irregularities from the printing process as well....

I have seen them being build and they look great when you have the skills(as with any other kit 😉)

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48, 1/72 & 1/32- Lockheed L-188 Electra & P-3 Orion by One Man Model (3D printed models) - L-188 pre-ordable & P-3C in July 2021

Lockheed L-188A Electra in 1/72nd and 1/48th on pre-order !

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1579324588930533&id=100005590215920

I have begun taking L-188A orders since today.

I made eBay pre order pages. I apologize for the delay.

• 1/72 - 86 USD on the eBay - But it is 8900JPY via direct deal!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114800056064

• 1/48 - 195 USD on the eBay - But it is 20000JPY via direct deal!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114800057541

Next new kit is P-3C Orion with full interior.

Then, Deux Ponts (link). And then, Kawasaki C-1 (link)!!

183935583-1579322692264056-7799626305261

183140527-1579322585597400-5373504522863

186486222-1584404608422531-6786583766621

186558312-1587337924795866-5658146972446

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48, 1/72 & 1/32- Lockheed L-188 Electra & P-3 Orion by One Man Model (3D printed models) - L-188A pre-order & P-3C in July 2021
On 3/31/2021 at 12:04 AM, One Man Model said:

My kit series are made of 3D printed ABS. Not resin.

I saw on your ebay page that you send some sand paper with the model. Would the idea of using acetone work as well on ABS? I was looking at videos of people cleaning models and some had good results, some don't. If it does work is if best to lightly brush it on? I don't mind sanding either, still learning this. I also saw one suggest to use using a heavy coat of paint and clear coat. I think that would fill in the panel line detail which I wouldn't want to do. One more question, what is the thickness of your layers? Sorry I'm asking so much.

Please refer my kit tutorial PDF file.

On chapter 1.2, I wrote about smoothing texture. There are several methods.

one-man-model.main.jp/instruction/3D%20printed%20kit%20tutorial.pdf

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, One Man Model said:

Please refer my kit tutorial PDF file.

On chapter 1.2, I wrote about smoothing texture. There are several methods.

one-man-model.main.jp/instruction/3D%20printed%20kit%20tutorial.pdf

Great notes, thanks. When the 1/72 L-188 is available again I will get one.

• Like 1

@busnproplinerfanhope you can order one soon, if I am correct that will be around July according to onemanmodel

Bought one and preordered it directly and it just costed me 70 Euro’s including shipping as the exchange rate of the Yen was a bit lower at that moment 👍👍👍

A great deal I think as I do really like what I see😁...still i have to wait a month before it will be sent...

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

@busnproplinerfanhope you can order one soon, if I am correct that will be around July according to onemanmodel

Bought one and preordered it directly and it just costed me 70 Euro’s including shipping as the exchange rate of the Yen was a bit lower at that moment 👍👍👍

A great deal I think as I do really like what I see😁...still i have to wait a month before it will be sent...

cheers, Jan

He told me he became really busy so I missed this round. Next time they are out I'm for sure getting one. I have two of the contrails conversion parts which cost about the same. I read something about the windows lining up was a problem. If it is I can build a freighter. I don't mind having a fleet.

2 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

He told me he became really busy so I missed this round. Next time they are out I'm for sure getting one. I have two of the contrails conversion parts which cost about the same. I read something about the windows lining up was a problem. If it is I can build a freighter. I don't mind having a fleet.

I have a Contrail conversion myself and I was not impressed about that cockpit section as the windows are all off...I am more confident in this model as the angles and the size of the cockpit windows are correct...

Never built an ABS aircraft model before so this will be new territory 😉 (Did an ABS plastic AR-15 machine gun once)

cheers, Jan

19 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

I have a Contrail conversion myself and I was not impressed about that cockpit section as the windows are all off...I am more confident in this model as the angles and the size of the cockpit windows are correct...

Never built an ABS aircraft model before so this will be new territory 😉 (Did an ABS plastic AR-15 machine gun once)

cheers, Jan

I'll have to make the ones I have work. Cost to much to dump them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, janneman36 said:

cheers, Jan

I have one on order as well. As to the ABS plastic, I've had some experience with working with Plastruct's ABS components, and they sand and take paint no differently from styrene kit parts. Conventional liquid styrene cements may work, too, depending on the exact composition of ABS, which is a terpolymer of styrene, acrylonitrile, and butadiene; the proportions can vary. Both Plastruct and Tamiya make a liquid cement designed expressly for ABS plastic.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48, 1/72 & 1/32- Lockheed L-188 Electra & P-3 Orion by One Man Model (3D printed models) - L-188A released - P-3C in July 2021
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1607462266116765&id=100005590215920

Those who wants to order 1/32 L188A kit, please send me a private message. As for direct deal, price will be as follows.

Normal full inside kit 47000JPY (490USD on the eBay)

No passenger area kit 37000JPY (385USD on the eBay)

rampway is NOT included!!

V.P.

I have finished the L-188A instruction PDF files!!

I apologize for delay.

So next work is P-3C. Then, Deux Ponts. And then, HP42E, HS748 Belgian air force trooper ver., and rigid airship HMA23 with a biplane.

Kawasaki C-1 will be next year unfortunately.

http://one-man-model.main.jp/index.html

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48, 1/72 & 1/32- Lockheed L-188 Electra & P-3 Orion by One Man Model (3D printed models) - L-188A released - P-3C in July-August 2021
On 6/20/2021 at 7:18 AM, One Man Model said:

I have finished the L-188A instruction PDF files!!

I apologize for delay.

So next work is P-3C. Then, Deux Ponts. And then, HP42E, HS748 Belgian air force trooper ver., and rigid airship HMA23 with a biplane.

Kawasaki C-1 will be next year unfortunately.

http://one-man-model.main.jp/index.html

Just bought one off you. Can I ask for a second set of stairs? I'll pay the difference if you want. My info is on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

The Electra came today. Very nice model, does need a little clean up but easy to do. Just basic prepping anyway. I even ordered a second set of stairs because I have two Contrails conversions.

• Like 1