1/72 Airfix Vickers Wellington Mk. Ic - No 75 Sqn (NZ) RAF

No.2 for 2020 This aircraft depicts the one in which Sgt James Ward RNZAF was flying on when he climbed out onto the right wing to douse a fire. For this action he was subsequently awarded the  Victoria Cross.

This is another great kit from Airfix. They have really  been doing some subjects I'm into lately.  It has great detail for the scale and builds up without any real problems. All up, I knocked this over in about 3 week (I'd estimate less than 20 hrs). Full details are over at my blog but here are some images 

Wellington-19.jpg

Wellington-14.jpg

Wellington-21.jpg

Wellington-27.jpg

Wellington-29.jpg

Wellington-34.jpg

Wellington-36.jpg

Wellington-41.jpg

Edited by Calum
  • Like 73
  • Thanks 1

A super job on that Callum & a fine tribute to a brave man. Viewing this again after watching the progress through the WiP, I've enjoyed the numerous small but clever & effective touches there are to see. Brilliant.

Steve.

Very nice job on the Wellington, Calum, and the subtle weathering is especially well done.  I have the kit too with plans on doing those same markings, but it'll take me well in excess of 20 hours to build mine.  I'm lucky if I can get the shrink-wrap off in that amount of time!

What did you use for the antenna wiring?  I didn't see mention of it on your blog.

Cheers,

Mark

A master class in Wellington modelling Calum. I apologise for missing the WIP, however will have to go back and do it in reverse. Tone these images down to B&W and you’d be hard pressed to think it wasn’t real! 

Cheers and superb modelling.. Dave 

Thanks everyone

9 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Very nice job on the Wellington, Calum, and the subtle weathering is especially well done.  I have the kit too with plans on doing those same markings, but it'll take me well in excess of 20 hours to build mine.  I'm lucky if I can get the shrink-wrap off in that amount of time!

What did you use for the antenna wiring?  I didn't see mention of it on your blog.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll have to go back and add that. it's Ushi fine rigging thread. it's basically thin elastic line ezi line. IIRC this is 0.3mm in size.