Real Space Modeler joining BM

Ima Penin Diaz

I've been in this hobby for about 12 years and build mostly US Space program hardware, early US Space program.

I've noticed in the Sci-Fi and Real Space forum that there's a dearth of Real Space threads.

But there is a lot of kiddie fiction stuff ... kiddie fiction because there's no "Science" in Star Wars or Gundam, for instance ...   :whistle:

So I hope to include a lot more Space hardware ... real ... designed, engineered, flight-tested and flown hardware.

We've gotta put the Real Space back into that forum.  :bye:

I'll see ya around! ... oh ... and it's nice to be here!  :yahoo:

IPD

• Like 2

Hi, IPD, welcome!  We'll look forward to seeing of your some RS models!

Regards

Tim

Edited by TimB
Better express intent!

Agree with your sentiments regarding Real Space. I too am a builder of real spacecraft and rockets etc. I have little time for science fiction or fantasy models (with the exception of the craft associated with "2001: A Space Odyssey").

I'm currently working on a Boeing X-20 Dyna Soar.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing some models of genuine space hardware.

Welcome to the Forums!  - Any idea what your going to work on first?

I agree the Real Space side of things doesn't get the same level of attention as the "Winged" category, and also hope to make up for that!

I have some 1/72 Titan II GLV engine parts currently on the way to me (SLS Printed) and hope to design the rest of the rocket myself, so that should be one of the projects on there soon! I have big plans, in part inspired by the amazing efforts of contributors on here, to CAD design a few unique planes that havent been offered to modellers, model them up and 3d print, but first think a Titan II main body is the best place to start honing those skills! 

:welcome:aboard Pete - it'll be good to have some Real Space models on the forum, even though I love Sci-Fi, I'm similarly interested in the real stuff... I just wish there was more of it out there in the ether doing some exploring :)