CSM Nieuport XVII Late.

First attempt at this scale, 1/32. I used Vallejo Aluminium Dope to paint it, which was ok but very delicate. And as for the 'Risque Tout' decal, that was the most delicate decal I have ever had to apply. I still don't know how I did it.

Going to have a rest from Biplanes, and do a Spitfire next.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Excellent detail, and a fantastic prop! It seems you 'risked all' and produced a fine model. 😀

I am pleased with the prop, couldn’t believe that I got the finish first go, had to go away, or I’d have fiddled and spoilt it. I ‘risked all’ to put that decal on, TWICE.

Edited by Faraway
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, redcap said:

Cracking build and a really nice end result.

In the box it looks tremendous but how was the actual build please?

Gary

I’m probably not the best person to ask, as it’s my first build like this. But, I found the fit of the cockpit parts a bit difficult (didn’t seem as accurate as Tamiya). The instructions were good, but with a few errors. You need to plan ahead and be prepared to drill small holes (0.3mm) for the rigging. You need to fit some wires well in advance of the build and apply decals as you build. I found that the cockpit was a long build, and then all the details disappeared, when the fuselage was assembled around it, so all the wires from joystick and pedals are never to be seen.

Best advice i can offer is don’t rush and read the instructions at least three times.

If I can be of more help, don’t hesitate to ask.

Enjoy the build.

• Like 1