Greetings from Australia

MattG

Hi all,

I've been finding so much useful information on these pages in building models that I thought it was about time I sign up too!

Like many on here I've returned to modelling  having built many kits as a teenager. The kits are so much more detailed now than they were then and I'm hoping to do them more justice this time around! My particular area of interest is early WWII aviation and I notice a certain Battle of Britain group build coming up which I hope to join while filling a couple of gaps in my collection.

I'm a data analyst by profession and have also been compiling all kinds of data from Operational Record Books so if/when I start posting builds on here I'll be sure to post some interesting historical info too.

Looking forward to enjoying the community and continuing to learn lots from everyone here, you're all so talented!

Matt

• Like 4

Gidday Matt, Canberra eh? Oh well, I won't hold that against you. 😁     Seriously, Welcome aboard. I used to be into WW2 aircraft also, until I was bitten and severely infected by the Naval Bug. 🤒 Looking forward to seeing some of your models. Regards, Jeff, from SE of Perth.

Greetings and salutations from Townsville! Nice to have you young'ns around!

I also have an interest in early WWII aircraft, and those of the Pacific War (North Queensland is great for that), with side interests in 1st/2nd generation jets (ohh, shiny Sabre) and classic airliners.

BM is truly a great collective with helpful, knowledgable, and informed members.

Hope to see some of your builds on here.

DennisTheBear

alias Kim Jae Kwon

alias Da Xiong

17 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

So are you a northerner or southerner? :D

Good to meet someone local already.  Aha, straight to the good old Canberra North vs South rivalry!!!  I'm a south-sider, grew up in Tuggeranong and now live in the Molonglo Valley.  And you?

15 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Matt, Canberra eh? Oh well, I won't hold that against you. 😁     Seriously, Welcome aboard. I used to be into WW2 aircraft also, until I was bitten and severely infected by the Naval Bug. 🤒 Looking forward to seeing some of your models. Regards, Jeff, from SE of Perth.

Thanks Jeff!  I'll certainly post some pics up here soon! 

14 hours ago, DennisTheBear said:

Greetings and salutations from Townsville! Nice to have you young'ns around!

I also have an interest in early WWII aircraft, and those of the Pacific War (North Queensland is great for that), with side interests in 1st/2nd generation jets (ohh, shiny Sabre) and classic airliners.

BM is truly a great collective with helpful, knowledgable, and informed members.

Hope to see some of your builds on here.

DennisTheBear

alias Kim Jae Kwon

alias Da Xiong

Thanks Dennis!  I also really like the classic airliners and early jets - my father was an engineer on a Meteor NF11 squadron in the early sixties so they're a favourite.

Good on you for joining up and getting involved once again Matt. Tis a great hobby this and you’ll find many useful bits of info alongside a fair bit of fun and banter. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions, it’s amazing what gets unearthed at times. 

Cheers and warm welcome.. Dave (Brisvegas).