Nordic Heavy Metal Pt 3 - F-104

Enzo the Magnificent

For the Tire Wheel Balance Weights Adhesive Strips you could also try your local tire workshop and see if he will spare you some old ones for free?

Did that on the way home from work one day and got a bag full of 5/10 g strips, enough for the rest of my modelling career I should think. 

A bit of cleaning and some of then looks like new. Obviously they are not adhesive anymore, so some glue/putty/tack will be required. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, desert falcon said:

A bit of cleaning and some of then looks like new. Obviously they are not adhesive anymore, so some glue/putty/tack will be required. 

Indeed.  Who cares about the self adhesive bits?  A couple of drops of CA and we're good to go!

Quick update,

The kit goes together quickly, with few problems.  The rear fuselage was assembled and cemented onto the main fuselage.  The only possible problems are the intakes.  If you are not careful, they can leave a nasty ridge at the joint line.  I sprayed the intake interiors silver and painted the cones with Tamiya XF-69 NATO black.

Wings added and the canopy was sawn into three pieces and added as well.  Ready for priming.

spacer.png

I primed it with my usual grey auto primer from a rattle can and then it was time for fun.  :D  

Step 1:  You find a girl to love.  choose a selection of green paints.  The base was Tamiya XF-58 olive green.  Other paints used included Lifecolor UA-259 and Tamiya XF-51 together with Mig-1508 green filter.

Step 2:  She falls in love with you   have a couple of pints of Old Speckled Hen for inspiration.  :beer: 

Step 3:  You kiss and hold her tightly.   Get the airbrush out and go for it!   :D  

spacer.png

and now Eddie Cochran seems to be having a party with Showaddywaddy in my head!!!   :fool:  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

That’s looking very impressive Enzo, glad there’s no audio link attached to what appears to be quite corny lyrics! Stick to GB Moderating, I think that’s your calling in life. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Oh, hello, I'd forgotten all about this one. Thankfully you haven't though Enzo and it's looking good with the markings on.

6 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

he just needed some gentle reminding! :fight:

This one is looking good also, you're on a roll!

At least he's still participating in this GB :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Spreadsheet!  :lol:

...and a massive workbench! How many projects do you have currently on the go!?!

8 hours ago, Col. said:

...and a massive workbench! How many projects do you have currently on the go!?!

My spreadsheet tells me currently 14, with another to start on Saturday.   The tally is in red as it's slightly over the comfortable limit of 12.

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

is that wee tank on the spreadsheet?

It is indeed.  Approaching completion.   I'll try and take some photos today. 

• Confused 1