Nordic Heavy Metal Pt 3 - F-104

Enzo the Magnificent

Another old friend -  The Italeri F-104G.

I know this kit has issues with the fuel tanks, but I like it.   This will be built as a Danish jet in the overall olive drab scheme.

spacer.png

Also building from The Stash.

• Like 14

Always happy to see a Starfighter! :D It's good kit to build despite some minor issues, and thats interesting boxing - does it come with the recce pod?

I don't have access to my bits box at the moment - but I think I have unused Hasegawa wingtip tanks. I can check after the weekend on case you're interested?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Will you be doing her clean or a lovely, dirty well weathered one?

You are going to be a busy little Enzo aren't you!

I'm thinking reasonably clean.

And I am going to be busy.  'speshly as I have six Stukas in progress, with three navy builds starting next weekend!

• Like 2

welcome along with #3 Enzo and another great choice.

It's nice to see that you just don't dip your toe into GB's...it's all in and hope for the best!! :D

I do like the scheme you've chosen.

Well good luck with this one as well, great to see the factory is running is full capacity, another to follow and see in the gallery.

32 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I have one word for you.

spreadsheet!   :D  

...and with that one word I love you even more!!!! :kissing2:  :D

Spreadsheets!! :wub:

@modelling minion you really don't know what you're missing. My master spreadsheet/database is up to 14 tabs already........though life will end if I loose it!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

You mean you don't have an emergency paper copy in case of a power cut, amateur!

that's soooo last century man!!! It's in the cloud dude!!!

.....just waiting to be hacked and then posted along with your fav celeb "special" photos!!!  :D

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

@modelling minion you really don't know what you're missing. My master spreadsheet/database is up to 14 tabs already........though life will end if I loose it!!!

Cloud!

And three separate flash drives, which get updated weekly.

Wot ? Geek?   Me???????   :lol:

• Haha 3

You boys with your spreadsheets and clouds and flash drives are certainly putting us ludites to shame with our rough calculations on the back of junk-mail envelopes :lol:

Oh, a Starfighter in all-over green, very nice. You fading it?

gosh here's me thinking it'd be a typical Enzo first update with the model almost completed........and shock horror he hasn't even started yet! :yikes:

....or maybe you're just lulling me into a false sense of security before you drop the almost completed model first update!!! :D

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2020 at 23:23, trickyrich said:

....or maybe you're just lulling me into a false sense of security before you drop the almost completed model first update!!! :D

Steady on!  I haven't even posted the sprue shots yet! :lol:

Speaking of which:

spacer.png

spacer.png

A nice, simple kit with no bells and whistles.   I like it.  :thumbsup:

I've built the cockpit and put it into the main fuselage halves with a bit of ballast. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

I think I’ve now found them all Enzo. So Part 2 is a 104, something which I’d like to do in the initial Danish Grey scheme. I’ve got a thread up to build the Hasegawa kit, just need to get Stoppel to check his emails and send a set down this way. The old Esci kit is still serviceable and as I have the A/C version stashed, so I’d better take some notes of this build as you go along. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

The old Esci kit is still serviceable and as I have the A/C version stashed,

The A/C kit won't do for a Danish aircraft.  The fin is significantly different.  It needs to be a G version.  

4 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The A/C kit won't do for a Danish aircraft.  The fin is significantly different.  It needs to be a G version.  

Must have been how it came across. I’m aware of that Enzo, I’ve got the Hasegawa ‘G’ in mind for the Danish build. I suspect the Esci G is similar to the early tailed A/C so was just gonna get some pointers for when I eventually build that one. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Doh!   :D   I remember building the Esci kit back in the day from the Tiger Meet boxing with hideous yellow plastic.

Scalemates tell us that the Esci and Italeri kit are one and the same, but I seem to remember that the Esci panel lines were a lot deeper than those on the Italeri kit.  However, although they were quite deep, they were commendably fine. 

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Steady on!  I haven't even posted the sprue shots yet! :lol:

...oh ok, that would be in your next post huh?? :D

What are those weights you're using? They almost look like little ingots.....so that's where you're hiding your gold stash?? 

"Enzo the Great Train Robber" had been found! :rofl2:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

What are those weights you're using? They almost look like little ingots.....

They are stick on weights for balancing motorcycle wheels.  I'll put some pictures up over the weekend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

They are stick on weights for balancing motorcycle wheels.  I'll put some pictures up over the weekend.

arrr that's a clever idea, where do you get those from?