Nordic Heavy Metal Pt 2 - F-16

Enzo the Magnificent

This is like meeting an old friend again.  The Revell F-16 is the kit that got me back into aircraft modelling sixteen years ago!

This is the latest boxing of the kit and will be built as a Norwegian F-16A carrying Penguin missiles.

spacer.png

As @vppelt68 pointed out in the chat thread, the MLU aircraft cannot launch Penguins, so this will be backdated to an early F-16A.  Not exactly a difficult job as all the required parts are in the kit. :) 

Edit:  building from The Stash  :thumbsup:  

• Like 12

...and welcome along with build #2, a Norwegian F-16, very nice.

I think I may have done a Norwegian F-16 in 1/48th many years ago (early 80's), the old Esci one I think.

It's nice that Revell has included all the bits you need in one of those horrible floppy boxes!

Good luck with this one as well, n ice to see the Enzo factory is ramping up productions, look forward to seeing her in  the gallery.

• 3 weeks later...

The sprue shots.

This kit was first released in 2000 and in the intervening twenty years the moulds have had a lot of use.  This is indicated by a certain amount of flash, but it's nothing intrusive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The parts are carefully engineered to allow a different forward fuselage for the t-bird versions and a different fin for the -C versions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No, I haven't forgotten this one...  :)

Construction proceeds.  It needs a bit more filler these days than when it was first released, no doubt due to the fact the moulds are over twenty years old and have been used a lot since then.

spacer.png

Intake assembly

spacer.png

And ready for primer.

spacer.png

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

good to see she's still underway, tidy work on those joins.

Think most of us would need some filler after 20 years.....some more than others!! :D

...and some of us have filled out a little too much over the years :eat:

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I think he did an "Enzo" on us and forgot to update this thread before posting in the gallery!! He only had one job!  :rofl2:

It does look really nice though. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1