Avro Lancastrian interior colors....

I have resumed my old Alitalia Lancastrian 1/72 project and it's time to paint the cabin crew compartment and the cockpit. I am in doubt as to whether to use the standard color for the Lancasters (all black-black / green) or whether there was a specific color for the civilian version.
I have not found any references or photographs except for this which represents the radio operator's position:

spacer.png

spacer.png

So if someone could give me some suggestions, would I appreciate it very much.
Thanks in advance.

Sebastiano

Edited by Sebastiano Tringali
  • Like 2

I've only ever seen B&W pictures of Lancastrian interiors, and they were all of the passenger areas. All that I've seen had quite pale lining, with slightly darker seats and carpets. You should be safe going with shades of grey, brown or blue for those areas. I suspect that the crew areas were left in the original Lancaster colours, on the basis that the aircraft was in essence a stop-gap until purpose built types like the Tudor became available, and was needed in service in very short order.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, Admiral Puff said:

I've only ever seen B&W pictures of Lancastrian interiors, and they were all of the passenger areas. All that I've seen had quite pale lining, with slightly darker seats and carpets. You should be safe going with shades of grey, brown or blue for those areas. I suspect that the crew areas were left in the original Lancaster colours, on the basis that the aircraft was in essence a stop-gap until purpose built types like the Tudor became available, and was needed in service in very short order.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi, Sebastiano! Its great  that you decided to continue working on the project.  I really like your  conversion for Lancastrian.I woud really like to purchaise set with  Alitalia decals if it possible.

Regards.

Andrei

Edited by heliofly