Coldstream guard Hougoumont Farm - Waterloo 1815 (Plus bonus Sharpe)

I posted this guy a while back in a group of other pics but heres a few more angles. Not the greatest job but fun to paint. Dont think the photos help much either.

Coldstream guard Hougoumont Farm - Waterloo 1815 Coldstream guard Hougoumont Farm - Waterloo 1815 Coldstream guard Hougoumont Farm - Waterloo 1815 P1060759

Bonus Richard Sharpe

Sharpe

Edited by Red Five
  • Like 15

57 minutes ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Some very fine figure painting skills mate :clap: 

Thanks Kev, I'm still trying to get the smooth blend that people get, ive pivoted on to oils to see if they work any different, Its hard to try and get a realistic skin tone without making it look like make up. But guess practice makes perfect. Pittyh its like £20 a pop to get figures to practice on. Might buy a few random heads at the next show i'm at to practice on.

Just now, Tony Oliver said:

PS,

actually had some of my lads on a battlefield tour to dunkirk and waterloo this week of all things.
What a coincidence! 
Was down on the orbat to go however had to pull out as too much on. Perks of being the Drum Major! 

I've been to both. Really cool to see such places. Went to hougoumont. Went with my wife and one of my mates who took his french fiance. There's something far, far to satisfying going to waterloo with a french person. I was unbearable haha. I'm not a brexity type person but couldnt help myself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

PPS

Yes I am a current serving Coldstreamer. 

other inferior regiments are available...

I'll let my ex 45 commando mate know see if he wants to have a chat lol 😉. Also 👏 thanks for serving mate. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

It’s our Regimental Motto. 
Second to none  

😎

Dont have a regimental motto but my personal motto is "never trust a fart"

40 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

No-one says "basstidd" like Sean!

Nice work.

Damn straight. Followed by a swift kick to the nuts and a over exaggerated swing with his sword. 

• Haha 1