Print scale Fokker decals

Torbjorn

Hi all,

Has anyone tried Printscale’s rather extensive Fokker DVII sheets? This one:

http://www.printscale.org/product_34.html

and

http://www.printscale.org/product_33.html

I was curious if they are good before buying (sheets cost anywhere between 30 and 50£ depending on source). I’m especially curious about the lozenge, which seems often be hit n’ miss.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not tried their DVII decals that you refer to but I used decals for a 1/48 A-10 recently from this company and they were a real mixed bag as though two different companies had put their decals on the same sheet. Some went down really well and sucked down to look painted on and some simply folded in on themselves or tore as they were slid from the sheet no mater how careful I tried to move them. A mate who has used the same company's decals on another project reported similar experiences.

TBH, I would be very reluctant to use anything by them again - and certainly not at the prices you quote these DVII sheets as costing! 

Gary

Decals of last resort for me. Very thin, and also very difficult to use. They will curl up like a millipede at the merest suggestion of water. Sometimes out of scale. If you are expecting to slide a large area of lozenge in one go and get away with it, then you are being very optimistic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, redcap said:

some simply folded in on themselves or tore as they were slid from the sheet no mater how careful I tried to move them.

That has been my experience with them

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Thanks guys. Not very promising. Yes, it is expensive, but includes 4 sheets of which two are lozenge.

Up to you mate but if my experiences of them (as per the other chaps too who have commented) are anything to go by, then expect about a 50% failure/waste rate in which case, they are not quite the 'bargain' they may appear to be!

Your call.

Gary