WWII US tanker (1/35 Dragon modified figure)

iwik

Hi y'all!

Here is my latest, a Dragon plastic figure slighly modified to match an Alpine Miniatures German Tanker that will have the same treatment. I've also replaced the head with an Alpine one. Contrary to my latest work (see "water chore"), the original head from this set was quite poor, hence...

An Italeri M4A1 wreck from the bottom of the "model bin stash", a few sand bags out of Magic Sculpt, and here it is.

I chose to refrain from painting a morning beard, in order to leave the juvenile look of the head (to my opinion, most Alpine head have the look of very Young men, whom they were as a matter of fact, but war made these guys look older).

Hope you like it!

IMG-3396.jpg

IMG-3397.jpg

IMG-3398.jpg

IMG-3399.jpg

IMG-3400.jpg

IMG-3401.jpg

Ciao
Iwik

• Like 9

Very smart and a very different presentation and I will admit that I had to look at the pictures for a while to work out how the barrel was supported before the "penny dropped" .

One question, and certainly not a criticism, would the appearance of the barrel be improved if its ends were hollowed out slightly ?

Edited by Richard E

Hi!

I didn't drill out the end of the barrel since it's supposed to be continuing "out of frame". It's not a 105 canon. However, I believe I should have shown it whole, even if it extended out of the scenery, if only to have a better understanding of the overall scene.

And thanks to Dragon, the chevron is upside down. I should have noticed and made the correction. Bummer.

Ciao

IWik

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...