Eurofighter typhoon Battle of Britain 1/48

So finally finished this.

Used the Revell bronze tiger kit and caracal BOB typhoon decals, which are fantastic by the way! With Eduard interior detailing.

Hasnt gone without its issues though. Canopy clouded up from the glue, managed to get it off, although it cracked. Cleaned up ok.

Then at the very last hurdle I caught the side decal with a bit of masking tape and split it!

Have another kit and Eduard detail set, so will do another one as I’ve managed to sell this one.

Going to try the Vallejo matte varnish next time though as I feel the gloss varnish is a bit too glossy for this plane.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 31

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JohnT said:

That would have put the wind up Galland & Co - Mind you they would have had them as well

Hmnn........  any chance of a Eurofighter Typhoon in Luftwaffe "40" colours then?

Great idea John! :clap2: A special commemorative scheme would look good, but might raise some eyebrows too, eh? 

5 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Great idea John! :clap2: A special commemorative scheme would look good, but might raise some eyebrows too, eh? 

Definitely no swastikas on that one !!!!  :analintruder:

I did see a very nice Luftwaffe Typhoon at RIAT last year with the tail done up in commemoration of Manfred Von Richtofen.  Wonder if any company done that in decal format as yet?  Would have looked fabulous in 1/32

• Like 1

Hello Wayne,

You have put a lot of effort in the finish of this model. It looks great.

A nice tribute to the Battle of Britain pilots and their ground crews.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

Thanks for the kind comments! 
Doing another exactly the same without ‘hopefully’ any mistakes, and a matte finish instead as it looked a lot more matte in real life.

If anyone doesn’t know, it was a livery used by the RAF in 2015 for a short time on one of their typhoon’s to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 3 weeks later...