Planet Models BFW M.20b2, resin, 1/72nd scale

Now a general view:

IMG_8514+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The vac canopy is a bit thin, but of good transparency, and of near perfect fit if you are careful trimming it bit by little bit.
I will be gluing a support flange where it seats, to add strength. The panes are flat enough, but their number, the thinness and flimsiness, could make masking challenging.
As you can see in the photo above, two canopies are provided, an excellent decision on part of Planet:

IMG_8516+%25281280x960%2529-1.jpg

• Like 10

I like the tiled effect on the toilet floor: very classy! You ought to write a book Claudio; "Airline Toilets Down The Ages". It would be a sure fire best seller.

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Courageous said:

A 1/72 tap...bonkers! Now you've got all closed up, you'd better get the electricians in and fix those lights, how are we going to see all the exquisite work.

Stuart 

Can you imagine how difficult is for me to prepare 1/72 tea for them? I can barely see the teabags, and the ham slices for the sandwiches are so thin! I have to use the most powerful magnifiers and the pointier of tweezers.

Demanding little sods, but unfortunately necessary. A budget in toilet roll, I tell you.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Can you imagine how difficult is for me to prepare 1/72 tea for them? I can barely see the teabags, and the ham slices for the sandwiches are so thin! I have to use the most powerful magnifiers and the pointier of tweezers.

Demanding little sods, but unfortunately necessary. A budget in toilet roll, I tell you.

And there's the follow up title for you Claudio, "Aviation Bog Roll Since 1919" (An Illustrated Guide). You'd clean up on that one! *

Martian 👽 (Literary agent to the Galaxy since this lunchtime)

*Pun most definitely intended.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

And there's the follow up title for you Claudio, "Aviation Bog Roll Since 1919" (An Illustrated Guide). You'd clean up on that one! *

Too late, I believe it was published a few years back by Karl's brother, "Skid".

Ian

• Haha 2

You may remember that the wings arrived bent, so they had to undergo the hot water treatment.

I was preparing them now for eventually gluing them to the fuselage, when I noticed that those cheeky-monkey wings had sprang back to their default warped state.

So back to the Turkish Bath it was. I hope this stubbornness doesn't repeat, and that a month after completion of the model I am not looking back at warped wings again. One of the many delights of resin:

IMG_8519+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Marx, dear Martian.

Sorry obviously too subtle!

Ian

No, just my dodgy Earth spelling.

16 minutes ago, Moa said:

You may remember that the wings arrived bent, so they had to undergo the hot water treatment.

I was preparing them now for eventually gluing them to the fuselage, when I noticed that those cheeky-monkey wings had sprang back to their default warped state.

So back to the Turkish Bath it was. I hope this stubbornness doesn't repeat, and that a month after completion of the model I am not looking back at warped wings again. One of the many delights of resin:

And one of the reasons I prefer a vacform every time. Is it possible that the mater used first time was not hot enough?

Martian 👽

11 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Is it possible that the mater used first time was not hot enough?

I lack the Martian technological know-how to alter and manipulate matter.

I think you run in this forum with an unsportsmanlike advantage.

13 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

And one of the reasons I prefer a vacform every time.

I am an equal-opportunity builder

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moa said:

I lack the Martian technological know-how to alter and manipulate matter.

I think you run in this forum with an unsportsmanlike advantage.

Well, we did mean water, see the reply to Limeypilot.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Moa said:

Lava will be the next step.

Casting replacement parts in lava, now there's out of the box thinking for you! Quick, someone go and get those nice men in white coats while I try and keep Claudio from getting too excited.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

Carve replacements out of pumice, it’s lighter than resin.

Not too far from the truth.

Urk Flintstone, the famous paleolithic modeler, used to carve his models from stone. At the London Natural History Museum you can see his X/XXth scale (numbers where not invented yet) Pterodactyl Mark II.

• Haha 2