Planet Models BFW M.20b2, resin, 1/72nd scale

Nice job Moa !

Now the scratch made pilot seat is looking better than the resin one...

Great work on the researches too !!

Thanks too for sharing the story too ! remind me of Africa..

Sincerely

CC

• Like 1

You made me go downstairs to look for my kit. Unfortunately I don't have it (I have a Merkur) but I came with the M-18 by Dujin. I wish I could make one kit while you finish a dozen!

Carlos

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Nice job Moa !

Now the scratch made pilot seat is looking better than the resin one...

Great work on the researches too !!

Thanks too for sharing the story too ! remind me of Africa..

Sincerely

CC

Thanks, CC!

I used to think that having to research the background for a model was annoying, and that the manufacturer should have done his part, but now I truly enjoy researching and learning things that you otherwise would ignore.

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarLos said:

You made me go downstairs to look for my kit. Unfortunately I don't have it (I have a Merkur) but I came with the M-18 by Dujin. I wish I could make one kit while you finish a dozen!

Carlos

Carlos, a Merkur and an M.18 are no little bounty! They are delightful planes.

Stock on sandpaper and filler, though 😋

Cheers

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Thanks, CC!

I used to think that having to research the background for a model was annoying, and that the manufacturer should have done his part, but now I truly enjoy researching and learning things that you otherwise would ignore.

Cheers

Fully understand !!

To me it's just the other way, I made researches about less known part of history, and I choose my models accordingly !

It drive me to think that the truth is very oftenly far from what we used to think...

And IT is fascinating !!

Great job once again, so You'll start 3 Jabiru's ??

Book me a seat at the bar for these ones too !!!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

Interestingly, I am reading a book about one of Messerschmitt’s later, more bellicose products (the Me-210) and it’s difficult development.  It states that Willy Messerschmitt was obsessed with speed and weight saving, factors that were, it was alleged at the time, responsible for the crash in 1931 of an M.20b of Deutsche Lufthansa with the deaths of eight officers.  It was said at the time that (unspecified) safety equipment was not fitted to the M.20b to save weight and improve speed.

AW

And checking photos continues top pay off: the tail skid had two securing struts forming a V, not just one like the kit's part:

IMG_8312+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The wind-driven generator is given an anchoring pin to make its gluing more secure. The replacement ventilation cans are ready, and the toilet, sink and table (all provided by the kit!) are being painted:

IMG_8313+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

Excellent work as usual, most impressive, and also as usual a lovely taste in subject.

Have you glued the windows at this stage? How are you treating the edges before gluing, to minimize the impression of material thickness?

Hi Jörgen

The windows are hard-pressed, no glue.

Sometimes I use very thin (and very little) superglue.}

Sometimes I paint the edges black or dark grey (which is advisable), but not this time.

13 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Very interesting build once again.

Thanks!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Magnificent work! The overhead luggage racks are a nice touch. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Regards,

Adrian

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Seconded, Great work!

Ian

Thanks Adrian and Ian

Hopefully today or tomorrow I may able to complete the fuselage interior and join  the halves.

We will see how's the fit of the kit parts,

Cheers