Bono Pegasus Intercontinental Passenger vehicle

Absolutely love what you have done. I've so long wanted to  see one of these done as a model, You've done fantastically well, Thank you  for posting it.  I and I@m sure many others would like to  see any in progress  pictures you  took while building.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Saturn. 

i have the very same book and i can say you've done a cracking job of envisioning this concept! What did you use to create your elaborate and suitably scaffold-filled gantry/launchpad? its very convincing! 

I feel in many ways if only we had not been distracted by the idea of "winged orbiters" and utilized concepts like these, we would be far further down the line of full re-usability than we are today. 

Thanks very much for your comments. To answer your question mainly parts from the Revell Oil Rig kit, some from the Revell shuttle launch pad kit, Kibri N guage footbridge bits and I think there is an Ariane V launch pedestal in there too.

Keith

Yes, that's a real beauty. I bought Gatland's book when it first came out, and every now and then I've looked around to see if there was a kit version of the Pegasus/Ithacus (or the sled-launched Hyperion, or the ROMBUS Mars mission). No luck on that front, but it's nice to see such a beautiful scratch-build.

Thank you very much guys. It is an unusual subject and I have contemplated doing it for several years now.

Working on the effects photography right now. Hope to be able to post a few in the next two or three days.

Keith

These photoshopped pics are great, and really give a sense of scale and size to the vehicle!

my only comment is they may be "Too good"!  - it might be worth putting your own watermark/copyright in the corner of the images as i can fully imagine seeing some of these in a Wired article or some magazine "what if we hadnt chosen the Shuttle" blog post! 

Thanks very much everyone. Glad you found them of interest.

my only comment is they may be "Too good"!  - it might be worth putting your own watermark/copyright in the corner of the images as i can fully imagine seeing some of these in a Wired article or some magazine "what if we hadnt chosen the Shuttle" blog post!

Unfortunately far too many of my photos have indeed been ripped off. They keep cropping up on Google Images. If I see them I go after the perpetrator which sometimes works. Putting a copyright or watermark on a corner would not help as they would just crop that out. The only way is to put a watermark right the way through the image which would spoil them (and if you have the patience you can still use the rubber stamp tool to go over them anyway).

Keith

Edited by saturnapollo
  • Like 1