Tamiya 1/48 de Havilland Mosquito PR.IX

Here’s my second build of 2020. This time it’s Tamiya’s Mosquito B.IV converted into a PR.IX with the help of the very nice Pangolin 2 stage Merlin nacelles. It was brush painted using Humbrol and Colourcoats enamels along with Revell acrylics. The decals were from DK decals for the main markings and Baracudacals for the maintenance markings.

Here’s the work in progress: 

20200206_175852

20200206_175910

20200206_175926

20200206_175954

20200206_180025

20200206_180036

Comments and criticism welcome.

Sean :pilot: 

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

That is a stunner, really like a PR Mosquito and this one ticks all of the boxes. Now I've got to go off and get some of those engines.

Only other comment, it needs a bigger hanger, that one's a bit tight.

Pete

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter W said:

That is a stunner, really like a PR Mosquito and this one ticks all of the boxes. Now I've got to go off and get some of those engines.

Only other comment, it needs a bigger hanger, that one's a bit tight.

Pete

Thanks Pete, it is a bit of a squeeze for it in the photo booth. It has plenty of room on the shelf where it lives with its siblings. :D 

20200206_211255

Sean

• Like 3

Can't believe I missed this last week! Super looking Mosquito Sean, and I'm over the moon to see what a great model you've made using the nacelles. Lovely work!

👍

• Like 1

Thanks Jason much appreciated. I have another B.IV in the stash and I haven’t ruled out using another set of nacelles to convert that into something interesting.

Sean

• Like 1

Top notch :) 

Superb brush painting skills, I would have said sprayed if you hadn't have said

I've got one of these in my stash for some point as the bomber version though probably

Only thing is I'll need to live till I'm 120+ to complete them all, assuming I don't buy any more 🤣

Ian :) 

• Thanks 1