Airfix HMS Cossack

My first ship in a very, very long time! A 1/600 Airfix Cossack with Atlantic Models PE and a few scratch built bits. I have modelled her as close as I can to her May 1941 build (minus splinter shields).

IZ290F.jpg

SqPshy.jpg

Sh7r2d.jpg

cMBLPt.jpg

NjXVnk.jpg

Build log here, and thanks for all of the help!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Probably 50 years since I built Cossack, seeing this lovely job, I'm tempted to try & find another, this time with  some PE, & a bit more skill. As you've shown so well, skill & PE takes this old girl to another level. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 2

So you actually can make a silk purse from a sows ear then. 
To be fair she wasn’t a bad kit for her time and you’ve proved it can still be a lovely model

I still dream of a Tribal in a modern state of the art mould, accurate and in 1/72 which must be about as big as you could go

thanks for showing

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnT said:

I still dream of a Tribal in a modern state of the art mould, accurate and in 1/72 which must be about as big as you could go

I’d have to buy such a kit, if it ever showed up. I’d even take a 1/144 scale Tribal, or 3! Revell, where are you?

• Like 1

Really nicely done and it goes to show that you don;t need a £50+ state of the art modern kit to produce something that looks really good.  COSSACK was my very first kit back in the 60s.  I must see if I can get hold of another one and super detail her.

On 05/02/2020 at 21:38, JohnT said:

One of the members of our local model club has just built a RC 1/72 tribal in which he 3D printed all of the parts.  He did say at the last club night that since he has the plans he could now produce a kit of anyone wanted one!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

One of the members of our local model club has just built a RC 1/72 tribal in which he 3D printed all of the parts.  He did say at the last club night that since he has the plans he could now produce a kit of anyone wanted one!

Was he joking or being serious :idea:

Oh get behind me Satan :devil:

Thats really tempting

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 9:25 PM, stevehnz said:

Probably 50 years since I built Cossack, seeing this lovely job, I'm tempted to try & find another, this time with  some PE, & a bit more skill. As you've shown so well, skill & PE takes this old girl to another level. :)

Steve.

Steve , sounds so familiar. I remember HMS Cossack as one of my earlier naval efforts. Devonshire and the German navies Rommel 

Keith

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2020 at 08:14, JohnT said:

Thanks that’s much appreciated 

Spoke to him this evening and I can confirm that he is serious if anyone wants one.  Drop me a PM with your email and I'll put you in touch

Best regards