SE.161 Languedoc carrying a Leduc 021 - Anigrand 1/144

Normally my favourite subjects are airliner. But in a German modelling Forum last year's Competition Topic was "Prototypes and Experimental Aircraft".

I discovered this kit on a model Show and bought it. (I like this part of our Hobby the most…)

Only when unpacking it at home, I noticed that it would fit the competition subject perfectly and started building it. It was the end of November with the deadline being the 31st of December..

Well, I finished it December, the 27th....

The Leduc 021 was the second prototype of a French ramjet fighter. The engine needed airspeed to be started and therefore a Transport was used to bring it up to speed. The Project was cancelled in 1957. 

The kit parts are ok, but some things had to be replaced, like the propellers. The original Aircraft had four bladed ones, but in the kit only three bladed ones were included (correct for the airliner Version).

The rear mechanism on top of the Languedoc is completely made from scratch and all sensors and pitot tubes of the the Leduc 021 were replaced. I painted the Aircraft with an airbrush using Vallejo Chrome and Aluminium .

I painted the tricolor flag at the rudders,, because half of the decals were missing.

Hope you like the small pair!

cheers and greetings from Germany,

Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 25

Well Norbert - that is definitely different! Looks like a French version of the Condor with something from a Dan Dare comic strip on the back! Nicely done and good scratch building. The Languedoc is a beautiful and graceful looking aircraft.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1