USSR Sovremenny Project 956

Nearly 2 years on and off with this it is the most modern ship I have built and boy it was a challenge with all the extra PE Peter Hall and his mad PE frets tested my patience a few times with this but quite pleased it has come out OK

Couple of things I think I could do better but always learning to try and make the next one a more improved build with all the help and support you get from this site and the great modellers who are willing to give advice and share tips.

WIP

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235040778-ussr-sovremenny-956-destroyer/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers  beefy

• Like 31

Cheers for the kind words lads.

3 hours ago, longshanks said:

So what's next??

Kev next to get completed( famous last words) should be KGV and then Lord Nelson builds this should clear all the dockyard for a bigger project that will probably take just as long as my KGV build  :think:

beefy

Love that boat, setting and background B)

Great delivery - you know a model is good when it makes you feel you want have a go at something similar!

I want to have ago at someting Soviet :coolio:

Rob

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robgizlu said:

Love that boat, setting and background B)

Great delivery - you know a model is good when it makes you feel you want have a go at something similar!

I want to have ago at someting Soviet :coolio:

Rob

Cheers Rob appreciate it

There are plenty of Russian/Soviet and PLAN (Chinese) ships out there from Trumpeter and I think Hobby Boss also do some and then there are also some resin kits like the newer corvette that @Silenoz is currently building.

Quite a bit more PE on these modern ships compared to WW2 destroyers especially those radar :facepalm:

beefy

Yep

Cracking build...one of your best!

The add ons have certainly been worth the micro work and head scratching

Actually the photos do not do it justice as it looks even better in the flesh

Cheers 

Keith

• Thanks 1

Great result there Beefy. You have really captured the look of the class, in detail and colour tones, and I agree with Stuart, that sea base looks very convincing.

Lovely job.

Terry

• Thanks 1