Aeroclub Hawker Woodcock

Carrying on with little silver biplanes having just completed Matchbox's Siskin I though I'd give this one a go. Not sure I've built an Aeroclub kit before but have a couple stashed away; what a pity someone is not still producing them!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Apologies for missing out a few stages! Suddenly realised at this point that I have two bottom wings and no top wing, fortunately they are the same size so off came the lump and some plasticard gussets inserted.

spacer.png

I'll drill the strut locations all the way through and then fill the top surface as the bottom is now the top!

• Like 12

14 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I don't know it this will be of any use, but what the heck, here it is.

49493379961_9827dfdd65_b.jpg

Chris

Thanks dogsbody good drawings and different to the ones in the 'Silver Wings' book. Nice tip at the bottom about which way round underwing serial numbers go!

• Like 1

Quick update, coming along nicely at the moment! Pleased to say the decals despite their age are entirely usable.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next step is the spider in front of the engine, needs a lot of tidying up and then get the struts in place for the top wing, holes for rigging are already drilled.

Talking of rigging the stripey thing in the background is a Roden Felixstowe which I failed to finish for the Floatplane GB-definitely next on the list!

• Like 10

Nice build,  I love those quirky interwar designs.

You were lucky with the wings (well in a way not, as you got the wrong ones) I built a gamecock last year and the upper and lower wings not only have a different plan but even a different airfoil section.

• Like 1