Matchbox Siskin

Having failed to complete a Felixstowe for the Floatplane GB I decided on a little break from it and tackled a Siskin instead. These Matchbox kits go together really well and is completed pretty muck OOB. Rigging is stretched sprue, I usually use fishing line but sprue has worked out easier in this case as little of the rigging goes through the bottom wing and is therefore difficult to tension.Extra points for anyone who can spot the howling mistake!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 47

51 minutes ago, FLCH said:

Very nice !

Numbers on the bottom both going same direction ? 

Exactly! doh! As it normally sits on its wheels and you can't see them they will stay that way!

40 minutes ago, Siggypaul said:

Under wing numbers wrong way round?

Mere irrelevance as a lovely build.

Well done. Top work with that rigging. Think I'd have given up with that long before and deployed copious amounts of industrial language instead!

thank you, you'll have to share the points with FLCH.

26 minutes ago, Cariado said:

This model is so good, it makes angels weep with joy.

Good old Matchbox!

Matchbox kits were excellent, clearly Revell thought so to when they reboxed some of them.

Thank you for your kind words.

• Like 1

I'm envious ... This is one of the very few Matchbox kits that I never got back in the day. Assuming Revell has the mold, why has it never re-released it? I'm sure there are more important questions in the world today, but I still want an answer to this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, klr said:

I'm envious ... This is one of the very few Matchbox kits that I never got back in the day. Assuming Revell has the mold, why has it never re-released it? I'm sure there are more important questions in the world today, but I still want an answer to this one.

I agree it would be good tio see a re-issue, they are good kits, but they are there to be found if you want one. KingKit doesn't have any at the moment but there are a few on eBay of which this is currently probably the best deal -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Armstrong-Whitworth-Siskin-IIIA-1-72-Matchbox-PK-25-2-Colour-Model-Kit/283769018573

Bristol Boy, lovely job, not to worry about the serials. I always enjoy a Matchbox biplane, they were consistently of a higher quality than a lot of their monoplane kits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

Numbers right or not, its still a sweet looking build, love this matchbox kit, ive got a couple stashed away somewhere.

Great build!

Bob

Damn it! Saved and posted the wrong one! This one.

49495004877_fe4588a26e_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 2

What a beautiful build and finish BB.

Always a pleasure to see a Matchbox kit in RFI sod the numbers and MB were way above the competition at the time when it came to their bi-plane kits,got the Seafox and Helldiver for the in the navy GG.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful silver aeroplane that. I really need to do some of these 20s/30s biplanes at some point. But, rigging ... it keeps putting me off! 

You've done a fine job with that Siskin.

• Thanks 1