C17 or C5 kits

CrippledGinge

According to Raymond Chung (who *is* Kinetic) he has put the C-17 project on permanent hold.  He said the cost of the tooling would be the equivalent of buying a couple of new Mercedes S-classes, and he doesn't think the return can justify the cost.  I agree with him.

The Anigrand kit has serious faults - the wings are in the wrong place and the nose section is innacurate plus many othjer faults. There is a build here. I have been holding out for the Kinetic kit but if it's not going to appear then I won't be having a C-17 in my collection as I have no desire to spend over £150 on a kit and then having to take a razor saw to it

On 2/5/2020 at 7:05 PM, Nigel Bunker said:

The Anigrand kit has serious faults - the wings are in the wrong place and the nose section is innacurate plus many othjer faults. There is a build here. I have been holding out for the Kinetic kit but if it's not going to appear then I won't be having a C-17 in my collection as I have no desire to spend over £150 on a kit and then having to take a razor saw to it

Thanks for linking my C-17 build Nigel (that is still not finished!) Here is another link with some pictures that do work (later in the thread)

I will also add the Combat Models C-17 had the same shape issues as the Anigrand kit ( I think Anigrand based their moulds on the Combat kit), but it can be made into a pretty good representation with a lot of extra work like Tom Probert did in this thread