Heller 2020 - programme

Homebee

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Mmm, following the Boeing F-15, Boeing AH-64 and Boeing B-1B, I'm looking forward to new kits of the Boeing P-51D, the Boeing DC-3 and Boeing B-25....

https://www.boeing.com/defense/b-1b-bomber/

https://www.boeing.com/defense/f-15/

https://www.boeing.com/defense/ah-64-apache/

What about the Boeing C-47 Dakota?

So Homebee posted dowloadable Nurnberg Toy Fair report by French magazine RVB Cocardes

According to informations about Heller (page 34-35), in 1/72 Martinet is a Smer kit and Dakota is a Airfix kit. There is quite a lot about Alpha Jet, but some assistance would be needed with translation.

Edited by Botan

24 minutes ago, Botan said:

So Homebee posted dowloadable Nurnberg Toy Fair report by French magazine RVB Cocardes

According to informations about Heller (page 34-35), in 1/72 Martinet is a Smer kit and Dakota is a Airfix kit. There is quite a lot about Alpha Jet, but I some assistance would be needed with translation.

The translation is as follows:

We do not yet have much information on this model and we do not know if it is the one we published in an old issue of Cocardes. However, some information is confirmed.

1/ This is a mould 100% new, 100% Heller

2/ The planned clusters will make it possible to make any Alphajet (several noses supplied)

3/ The entire armaments and loads of the machine will be provided according to the versions, including aircraft used for counter-guerilla missions by some African air forces.

If this comes to pass it is good news and something I'm looking forward to.

Disappointed that the Martinet is the Smer ex KP kit, it really is very old, the cowlings are inaccurate.  The decal sheet would be the best part of the kit.

The Airfix Dakota is a good choice.

• Thanks 1

Some interesting side comments about the business end of the restart as well.

Apparently, the factory & personnel was not included in the deal. Hopefully that won't cause problems further down the road...

Not wanting to turns this thread into one for the Alpha Jet but if the forthcoming kit is any good then I'm in the market for at least six. I hope Heller has created something nice. Looking forward to a Heller Renaissance.

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Some interesting side comments about the business end of the restart as well.

Apparently, the factory & personnel was not included in the deal. Hopefully that won't cause problems further down the road...

If the workers in France get the short end of the stick: that would dampen my enthusiasm for a revived Heller... Let's hope not.

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

8 hours ago, alt-92 said:

ViPlast took over the factory to extend its capacity. Initially the company wasn't interested in anything about Heller but after some negociations Heller sign was kept and above all some former Heller employees were hired by ViPlast. Apparently ViPlast is to do the injection for the Heller toolings.

Edited by Laurent
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

ViPlast took over the factory to extend its capacity. Initially the company wasn't interested in anything about Heller but after some negociations Heller sign was kept and above all some former Heller employees were hired by ViPlast. Apparently ViPlast is to do the injection for the Heller toolings.

Thank you. I found an online article from October 2019 elaborating what you already mentioned. The last sentence, if I understand correctly, explicitly mentions Viplast wants to continue the manufacture of scale model kits - that's a relief!

Jay

• Like 2

As Heller is releasing the C118 Liftmaster again after a longe absence on the scene Plus model is going to release a cowling set for it..

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/engine-cowling-for-c-118-liftmaster-heller-al7031-plus-model-al7031-vliegtuigmotoren/product/?action=prodinfo&art=168254

Finally a good and easy accessable way to obtain a good cowling set with correct airintakes for this lovely kit which is lovely casted as all Plus model items.

Dana Kopher once did a set for it but was difficult to get and I must tel you that Harald Hensel of Hahen did one once which is still available..

cheers, Jan

The payment of license fees is all the more egregious when you consider that 1) These planes were designed with taxpayer money 2) These planes were built with taxpayer money.

That's modern hypercapitalism for ya. I'm surprised BAE Systems hasn't joined in on the extortion scheme. Can't wait to build my first BAE Systems Spitfire Mk I....

• Sad 1