Heller 2020 - programme

Homebee

On 05/02/2020 at 00:24, ABeck said:

The 1/48 Starfighter and the Mirage III are advertised on the glow2b website. Release date is July, MSRP is € 49,95

LOCKHEED F-104G Starfighter

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=1010305200

DASSAULT Mirage IIIE-O-R-RD-EE-EA

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=1010304220

V.P.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2020 at 11:24, Seahawk said:

What I just can't grasp is that, after the new company has gone to the expense of tooling two very fine 1/72 Shermans (M4 and M4A2), they seem to be perpetually unavailable.  Given heavy French usage of both variants, that's a bit like Airfix not having a 1/72 Spitfire in the range.  Maybe the kits are so good IPMS France aren't letting them out of the country.

Good afternoon Seahawk

It looks like to be available here

http://davecoleysemporium.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p7063_Heller-79894-1_72nd-scale-M4A2-Sherman-Division-Leclerc.html

Patrice

So to sum up aircraft in 1/72 scale, I guess those kits with "30" as first two digits, are reboxes. Taken from Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg list.

30372 Douglas C-47 "DAKOTA" Q4/20 - a few candidates for rebox glow2b website link - 39,99 €

30388 Siebel 204 / SNCAC NC 701-702 "Martinet" Q3/20 - R.V. Aircraft sprues? glow2b website link - 17,99 €

2 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Interesting, given that they are now owned by the same company, that there's going to be a 1/24 E-Type Coupe released by both Heller and Revell this year...

best,

M.

Good point, obviously the management aren't 'in sync' :)

I have the Heller coupé and it is a lovely kit, as with a lot of Heller toolings it's very dainty and 'in scale' 

I'm sure Revell also had a new 1/24 DB5 listed either last year or the year before, I wonder what happened to that? 

I do hope Heller does well and is not mismanaged :(

Edited by ElectricLightAndy

11 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Interesting, given that they are now owned by the same company, that there's going to be a 1/24 E-Type Coupe released by both Heller and Revell this year...

best,

M.

Interesting info. Who is that owner? On QCPs website Glow2B is not listed. 

Edited by Ka-Efka

2 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

Interesting info. Who is that owner? On QCPs website Glow2B is not listed. 

I may be wrong... it was an assumption based on the fact that all of Hellers existing range stock appeared on the Revell.de website shortly after Glow2b took over...

best,

M.

14 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I'm afraid I don't understand. Glow2B and Heller have the same director (Heinz Engstfeld).

https://www.heller.fr/en/legal

https://www.glow2b.de/impressum.php

Revell doesn't.

https://www.revell.de/en/imprint/

45 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I may be wrong... it was an assumption based on the fact that all of Hellers existing range stock appeared on the Revell.de website shortly after Glow2b took over...

best,

M.

Ok, understood, thanks!

Revell sells certain 3rd. party manufacturers thru their website, but there's not necessarily a connection. 

Revell itself belongs to Quantum Capital Partners' 'portfolio'. Heller was purchased by Glow2B which are (afaik) an independent entity. 

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

best,

M.

Glow2B is a Revell customer and Revell is a Glow2B customer apparently.

17 hours ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

I have the Heller coupé and it is a lovely kit, as with a lot of Heller toolings it's very dainty and 'in scale' 

I'm sure Revell also had a new 1/24 DB5 listed either last year or the year before, I wonder what happened to that?

I'm a big fan of that series of classic cars by Heller for the reasons you mention!  The IRS on the Heller E Type is particulary nice, including rotating drive shafts - I'm using one from an old FHC kit in my parts bin (didn't survive my childhood...) for an Airtrax Mk10.  The front suspension on the Heller E Type certainly looks much more 'in scale' than what is visible in pics of the new Revell one. 

I heard that rumour about the DB5 too - when suggested recently, I think the reason it didn't go ahead may have been licensing issues.  However I may be mis-remembering...  I was diappointed though as I wanted to turn one into a DB4 drophead (to go with a blue E Type FHC and red OTS as a set of three fast cars 😉) and perhaps also convert one to a Lagonda Rapide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

I think the reason it didn't go ahead may have been licensing issues.

That's what I was guessing too :( im sure one day one of the main manufacturers will wise up and make modern toolings in 1/24 of  very desirable cars with mass appeal... DB5, V8 Vantage... well almost any Aston, jaguar F-type... Bentley Continental etc.... veyron, new Rolls Royce etc (pocher maybe?)

I'm sure their is a perfectly reasonable answer as to why we don't have kits of cars like these but we get things like Trabants and such. 

Anyway, grumble over :)

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

"you wanna use my brand name, yous gotta pay" mostly ;)

I have thought some more about that one, heller must already pay JLR to put out the E-type and are releasing the BMW 328 therefore must be paying them too, BMW own RR therefore must be able to obtain licensing. Revell have just released the Land Rover S3 and are releasing the E-type but also have an old tool e-type in the lineup, therefore must have a licensing deal, same for tamiya with the DBS, revell also release BMW and Audi/VW products who own... Bentley and Bugatti. Airfix/Hornby also release Audi/VW/bugatti/BMW/Ford/JLR/Aston Martin and more, so I don't think Licensing is the Issue because they are already doing so, I think its probably lack of demand possibly. 

I for one would love a kit from any of the manufacturers of a new Range Rover or any of the Discoverys, or the new XJ or I-pace, manufactures used to release current vehicles more often, revell recently released the BMW electric car, I wonder how well that sold?

On 2/8/2020 at 10:53 PM, ElectricLightAndy said:

so I don't think Licensing is the Issue because they are already doing so, I think its probably lack of demand possibly. 

I ran across this remark:

Don't know if you've ever looked closely at any big-name kits of US manufactured aircraft, but they almost all carry a Boeing hologram.

y4mEeHILl98sYa4z4nCdZTscIj5KS99-ll7zToFj

And seeing as these vultures basically absorbed all previous independent aircraft mfgs, there's no avoiding them.

7 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

And seeing as these vultures basically absorbed all previous independent aircraft mfgs, there's no avoiding them.

And if I'm correct because those made by American Army aircraft names are now trademark of private corporations, there will never expire...

Edited by Botan

Ok, Boeing may be the most egregious example, but as a whole I would not be that surprised if the relatively higher prices we're seeing lately in the bigger brands for high-attention subjects may be because of various licensing and royalty schemes.

36 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Not quite! Besides Boeing, there is Lockheed-Martin and Northrop-Grumman. Curtiss-Wright still exists too, though they do not make aircraft anymore.

I believe Boeing owns the rights to North American-Rockwell and predecessors, McDonnell-Douglas and predecessors.

Lockheed-Martin owns the rights to the F-16(General Dynamics) and Convair (Consolidated-Vultee).

Northrop-Grumman owns the rights to the Fairchild A-10 but I'm not sure who owns the other Fairchild products.

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

Not quite! Besides Boeing, there is Lockheed-Martin and Northrop-Grumman.

I'm taking Civvie stuff into account as well, not just defense industries.

25 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

I'm looking forward to new kits of the Boeing P-51D, the Boeing DC-3 and Boeing B-25....

Check the text next to the Boeing logo a few posts up: B-25 Mitchell is a registered trademark.