Heller 2020 - programme

Homebee

Source: https://heller-forever.forumactif.com/t12290-exclusif-heller-forever-une-partie-des-news-2020-heller

"Dear Laurent,
As promised yesterday we let you know today the releaseplan for 2020.
 There are a few things to explain but first see the graphic chart we use in Nuremberg.
The above is the plan by today and much more projects are on the agenda for this year.
 For today we leave you with this and are exited what you and your members think.
 Tomorrow on saturday we will come back to you with much more details re this releaseplan.
 Kind regards
Heinz"

cid-0710.jpg

And the Saturday news was the 1/24th BMW 328 box art

cid_0110.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

?

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

The Prinz Eugen? About time. But what about those old Cessna kits? Are they 1/50 (their "original" scale), or are they 1/48? Airfix got into trouble years ago by marking its 1/76 kits as 1/72.

Edited by Julien
DONT QUOTE ALL THE PICTURES

1 hour ago, gavingav said:

!/48th starfighter, Heller never tooled their own 48th kit, i wonder if it's new tool or somebody else's .

Most probably a Kinetic rebox, like the Mirage IIIE-O-R-RD-EE-EA (see announcement).

Exactly the same title as the one on the Kinetic boxing...

148-mirage-iiie-kinetic.jpg

The PC-6/B2H2 will be a rebox from the Roden kit - most probably with French markings.

Glow2b, current owner from Heller, is the German importer/wholesaler from Kinetic & Roden.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Homebee said:

Most probably a Kinetic rebox, like the MIIIE.

V.P.

Is the Mirage confirmed to be the Kinetic kit ? If so I'll keep an eye on this and the Starfighter, if they are made available at a good price and with interesting decals they may welcome

• Like 2

Heller was the one and only maker of the Renault R16. Wonder if those moulds still exists?

Heller ships where usually nice kits and there was a lot of them on 1/200 scale as well. I would be nice to se them again.

/André 

So more details to follow this Saturday? It would be nice to know the origins of some of these kits as I suspect a number are reboxings from other manufacturers... a somewhat growing trend in this day and age.

Cheers.. Dave 

What I just can't grasp is that, after the new company has gone to the expense of tooling two very fine 1/72 Shermans (M4 and M4A2), they seem to be perpetually unavailable.  Given heavy French usage of both variants, that's a bit like Airfix not having a 1/72 Spitfire in the range.  Maybe the kits are so good IPMS France aren't letting them out of the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

What I just can't grasp is that, after the new company has gone to the expense of tooling two very fine 1/72 Shermans (M4 and M4A2), they seem to be perpetually unavailable.  Given heavy French usage of both variants, that's a bit like Airfix not having a 1/72 Spitfire in the range.  Maybe the kits are so good IPMS France aren't letting them out of the country.

It's not just the potential French market: Those two kits are highly prized by anyone with a serious interest in 1/72 Shermans. I have one of each, but I'd like to have four or five of each.

23 minutes ago, Tomppa B said:

On IPMS Deutschland's Nurenberg-list there is a 1/72 Alpha Jet by Heller kit number 80257. A few years ago there were some talk that Heller was going to make a new tool but it was later cancelled.

Link: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934783-heller-172nd-alpha-jet-new-tool

V.P.

4 hours ago, Tomppa B said:

On IPMS Deutschland's Nurenberg-list there is a 1/72 Alpha Jet by Heller kit number 80257. A few years ago there were some talk that Heller was going to make a new tool but it was later cancelled.

If it's a new tool, I'll believe it when I see it. It would be the third mold to use that serial number.

I have the Heller kit in a Heller-Humbrol box, and also in a Revell box. I have two of the Airfix kits in an Airfix box (well, one built years ago), and two more in the Heller 1990s-style box. Confused? I certainly was the first time I opened a Heller box to see the Airfix kit inside. albeit with 4 extra parts*. It was only later I found out what had happened to the Heller mold.

*EDIT: The flap track fairings, which Airfix had originally integrated into the pylons. You can easily identify these as new parts, as the numbers on the sprue are in regular style, instead of the italicised numbers used for all the other parts - as was normal for Airfix kits from the mid-1970s to early 1980s.

To be honest, I like both the Heller and Airfix kits - yes, I admit it. So while a new kit would be great, I probably wouldn't say "no" to either of the existing kits.

Edited by klr

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

As per this post from 2015: 

It would seem as if Heller were in late stages of preparation for production before they went under? Perhaps Glow2be has found a way to push the project through... Low hanging fruit if you ask me.

45 minutes ago, klr said:

It would be the third mold to use that serial number.

Grumble... it's the classic mold then...

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

I don't think they're in the position to release many new mouldings yet (only old moldy ones), so it would seem more likely getting sufficient market presence first is priority (using existing kits & stock repackaged).

Maybe later this year we'll hear more plans.

Edited by alt-92

Apparently, according to google translated discussion posted today on French forum via link in first post, Alpha Jet will be a new tool.

This part was in English though:

We are talking about a complete new tool for this Alpha jet .

We will keep you informed .

• Like 2