Me410B conversion to Me210A - Revell/Monogram 1/48!

I had in my stash a Revell/Monogram Me410B but then along came Meng's Me410s of which I acquired two, so R/M kit was pushed to back of stash!

However whilst trawling the net I came across, on the FSM site, a question about converting R/M's 410 into a 210, I followed this and came across an article in, the now defunct Quarter Scale Magazine, by Ian Day with this conversion in. I managed to print off a very poor copy of this article retrieved my R/M Me410 from the stash and set about adding the Me210A-1 to my Luftwaffe collection.

It looked a relatively simple conversion shorten fuselage alter outer wing incidence and shorten engine cowlings REALLY!!!!!!

To begin with I had intended to convert the R/M kit to a Me410B-2/U4 with the Bordkanone to this end I had acquired the Schatton model conversion set with resin fairing and metal BK5 cannon (long before Master came along!!) to which end for some reason  now long forgotten I had removed the rear of the nose fairing supplied with the kit which I needed to model a 210!! I then discovered the canopy windscreen was broken and I only had windscreens for the 410 with bulges for the later models so had to repair the broken one as best as I could!!

Anyway to cut a long story short after much cutting,filling with Milliput and DeLuxe plastic putty, plastic card and an awful lot of cursing, my probably, not terribly accurate 1/48 210 emerged! I should add I used the Aires resin cockpit and Eduard mask for the canopy. The canopy unfortunately did not come out too well being a bitch to stick together and didn't get the usual coat of Kleer!

The aircraft is a Me210A-1 of 3./SKG210 possibly 1942. I had difficulty finding decals for the codes which are probably too large and also ended up painting the yellow band too wide 🤬 .

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The following photos show the modifications and amount of filler required. I have also added photos showing the different dimensions between the Me410 ( the Meng kit) and the Me210.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The model was finished using AK Real Colours and washes, decals from my library and that's it 🙄.

Oh well back to some easy builds where did I put those Eduard 109/190s ??????????/

Cheers

Andy

• Like 40

@andyh59,

Now, that's a conversion! I always thought the 210 was a more distinctive airplane than the 410, and I bet it's even more impressive in the larger scale. I don't think the battered canopy takes much away from what you have accomplished. One small point- I think you meant you altered the sweep of the wing outer panels, not the incidence! (That would really take some work!)

Mike

Many thanks for all your positive comments 😊.

Yes you're correct Mike, I did mean sweep!! Wouldn't even like to think of trying to alter the incidence of the wings!!!!

Again thanks everyone.

Cheers Andy

• 2 weeks later...