This one was a Christmas present from Mrs Fox, well I chose it but she paid.

I built my first attempt at this kit whilst waiting for my daughter to be born, and she is now 20! It is one of the greats from Revell of that era, along with the F-86D, I think it is better engineered than the similarly aged Tamiya kit.

Anyway enough of my  wittering. 

20200204_141534[1]

Straight from the box apart from the seat belts. Painted with a series of rattle cans

20200204_141524[1]

The decals are from my dwindling stock pf Aeromaster/Eagle Strike. this time to represent  machine from the 79th FBS, 20th FBW at RAF Weathersfield in 1955. The machine was 51-965 which only survived until it crashed on Belgium on the 1st October 1955, sadly killing the pilot.

20200204_141542[1] 20200204_141631[1]

The greatest worry with the kit is that the nose  gear leg is so fine that it isn't strong enough to hold the weight ot the rest of the model. The kit is getting hard to find and it's F-84E cousin has never been released in Europe, I hope the new Revell owners realise what a gem they have in their line up

Thanks as always for looking.

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Quite nice! 🍻  I'm working on the Revell "E" right now.   I'm hoping that I can still use the original kit decals but they are really old so we'll have to find out I guess.  I hope my version looks this good!  :clap2:

Hope you enjoy the E, it is a great kit. As far as I can tell we never had an issue  of that one on this side of the the Atlantic. I got both mine on trips to the States when I  had to go with work. There are some aftermarket decals for the E but most are  long out of print. The other machine on the Eagle Strike sheet I used for this model  was for an E but I used it on the second of the kits I bought.