Hobbyboss 1/48 A1-A light attack jet (EMBRAER AMX)

Hi everyone

My first jet in yonks, and in a scale I rarely reach up to - but my ageing hands and eyes are somewhat thankful.  I must admit that I did not know this plane existed before buying the kit, which I did based entirely on the aesthetic of the artwork on the box.  If Wikipedia is anywhere near correct, this light attack jet was developed by Brazil and Italy, and is currently operational in both those countries.  I think it looks neat... for a jet, anyway. I also have the two seat version, which I hope to do a better job with.

y4mAhLiix46dXRFNEcb1nkEdGj4Qs2xWPdYDNj6B
y4m2dchOHjGpq6TMxLBZZH7tQDTHcAIJaN5Jg0ws

y4mENfAly8sCm3tQOfxy_dmCntCcsXrCfuKaAF7h
y4mN3hDFpntYIFzks6WJ2QgafqahqAESShyaQ2vk
y4mJhAN5vvd2PO8J4pL6AT_Z1VvkXFn-5M0W0MTO

• Like 35

That's a nice one. I always liked the AMX event though it wasn't a great success. Somehow the last dedicated light strike aircraft. The Brazilian camou looks neat and I like the slightly patchy, faded paintwork on your model.

That looks really smart. If there was one, I'd grab a 1/72 one in a heart beat. I used to think they'd have made a sensible replacement for the RNZAFs Skyhawks (ROFLMAO) pity there was no such thing. :( I can but dream & enjoy yours as I do. :)

Steve.

• 1 year later...

Necro update.  Let’s see if this picture shows up.  Here is my attempt at the A1-B, also by HobbyBoss, which is the two seat variety of the Brazilian AMX jet.  Not quite as nice a model fit wise, but aesthetic wise, I think I like if better that the one seater.

y4mnUnrj5GM19ZDKSjefJCoMTki3Uq4PzghWb8aG

• Like 1