Bristol Beaufighter Conversion

Christopher Ellul

34 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

...and then the fight started! 😜

Mike

Not between two modelling brothers from the two most oil rich areas in North America.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm reluctant to post pictures of my models as I don't want everyone else to throw theirs in the bin, realising they can never match the sublime levels of my modelling expertise. Yeah, uhm, something like that...

Best Regards,

Jason (who used to work in the oil bidness down here in Texas)

• Haha 6

I don't know whether it's relevant to PR Beaus, but the early Mk Is had a different canopy and air intakes. The canopy was in High Planes' kit, but I've never seen the early intake in a kit, though it wouldn't be too hard to convert a later one.

Edited by 3DStewart
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dogsbody said:

They actually did 4.

Four different basic marks, but several boxings with different parts, the Mk X was releases as a target tug, with torpedo, bombs, or auxilliary tank; and boxings with different decals for the Mks VI and 21

Scalemates lists 11 different boxings and 1 re-release

Oh, and don't forget Hasegawa also released the Frog kit

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 72modeler said:

A little cheaper, depending upon where you can find one. Hasegawa did three versions:  Mk1, Mk VI, and the TFX, but if memory serves, they have never been re-released by them. . Looks like Hasegawa Beaus are going for between 18-37 BPS on that well-known auction site, less shipping, and they are listed for 26.99 BPS for each of the three variants at the Lowestoft hobby distributor address we all know and love. The new-tool Airfix Beaus are better kits, but they only did a TFX with and without the thimble nose, not the Mk 1 or Mk VI.

Mike

I find them in a Polish on line shop, for myself,no importation or custom tax an for Belgium and all the versions including the Australian Sperry

3 hours ago, Christopher Ellul said:

thank you all for the massive contribution. really appreciate the input

Hello sir, I see that you are from Malta, I am interested by Malta in WW II and made a lot of models of this period ( more than 100 Spît, 200 and so British, and nearly the same Italo German in 1/72)

But never visit Malta. I have a question, to know when is the best period to visit Malta in my point of view? 

1 hour ago, MACALAIN said:

Hello sir, I see that you are from Malta, I am interested by Malta in WW II and made a lot of models of this period ( more than 100 Spît, 200 and so British, and nearly the same Italo German in 1/72)

But never visit Malta. I have a question, to know when is the best period to visit Malta in my point of view? 

Hi,

Glad you did a lot of models regarding our small Island.  Regarding visiting it depends on what you are after, but basically if you can't stick the heat or bad weather, then between April and June would be ideal....

1 hour ago, Christopher Ellul said:

Hi,

Glad you did a lot of models regarding our small Island.  Regarding visiting it depends on what you are after, but basically if you can't stick the heat or bad weather, then between April and June would be ideal....

Thank you very much for your informations.

I would like to visit military museum first

Alain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACALAIN said:

Thank you very much for your informations.

I would like to visit military museum first

Alain

Well they are generally open all year round so no problems there,  The Malta Aviation Museum in Ta Qali is an old hangar since the WW2 era when TaKali was still an airfield and it's a must see, then there is Fort Rinella with it's Armstrong 100 Gun and of course the Lascaris War Rooms underneath Valletta and the Malta at War Museum, The Maritime History Museum in Vittoriosa is also a nice place to visit.  Of course if you want to go further back in the military history of the island, then you can visit the Armoury at the Grand Masters Palace in Valletta.  The Malta Experience and Malta 5D are interactive shows also present in Valletta.

Regards

Chris

Edited by Christopher Ellul
some minor spelling mistakes
  • Like 3

When we visited it was January and a nice 10deg warmer than England and sunny. Sadly the war museum was closed due to some European meeting which is a shame as I understand the George Cross is there and I really wanted to see that. 

The air museum was great, and of course in sight of Mdina which is a must visit, not just because it is in the background of so many photos (a famous Beaufighter pic is a classic) but the place is beautiful. St Paul’s cathedral is a must.

We only wandered into the armoury because we missed the war museum, that was a highlight of the trip for both my wife and I. Utterly stunning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, melvyn hiscock said:

When we visited it was January and a nice 10deg warmer than England and sunny. Sadly the war museum was closed due to some European meeting which is a shame as I understand the George Cross is there and I really wanted to see that. 

The air museum was great, and of course in sight of Mdina which is a must visit, not just because it is in the background of so many photos (a famous Beaufighter pic is a classic) but the place is beautiful. St Paul’s cathedral is a must.

We only wandered into the armoury because we missed the war museum, that was a highlight of the trip for both my wife and I. Utterly stunning.

Glad you had the time of your life :) 

1 hour ago, Christopher Ellul said:

Well they are generally open all year round so no problems there,  The Malta Aviation Museum in Ta Qali is an old hangar since the WW2 era when TaKali was still an airfield and it's a must see, then there is Fort Rinella with it's Armstrong 100 Gun and of course the Lascaris War Rooms Valletta and the Malta at War Museum, The Maritime History Museum in Vittoriosa is also a nice place to visit.  Of course if you want to go further back in the military history of the island, then you can visit the Armoury at the Grand Mater's Palace in Valletta.  The Malta Experience and Malta 5D are interactive shows also present in Valletta.

Regards

Chris

Thank you for these useful informations

Alain

• Like 1