Heller 1/72 Saab Viggen.*****Finished*******

stevej60

H Steve,

Yes I think I had a similar gap - it is a fairly complex shape so perhaps to be expected, but filled fairly easily. I had more of a problem with the lrft air intake as I recall. I see you ended up with a gap at the rear of the spine too, just like me.

Not looking bad anyway and not much more to add.

Pete

• Like 1

Evening folk's,flexi filler in the gaps then a spray with Humbrol primer.she's had two brushed coats of my take on the darker gray and needs

another on the lighter undersides tomorrow.

20200223_202332

• Like 7

That’s looking really lovely Steve. Now my original boxing Heller kit finally arrived the other week and I have to say, don’t believe the hype regarding initial releases having the best moulded plastic. Both my kits tail fins have one side pot holed to buggery. I suppose they are recoverable with a bit of filler and a good dose of sanding, however that’s just gonna be another chore. Overall it’s still a nice kit and I really like how yours is coming along. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s looking really lovely Steve. Now my original boxing Heller kit finally arrived the other week and I have to say, don’t believe the hype regarding initial releases having the best moulded plastic. Both my kits tail fins have one side pot holed to buggery. I suppose they are recoverable with a bit of filler and a good dose of sanding, however that’s just gonna be another chore. Overall it’s still a nice kit and I really like how yours is coming along. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,yes there are some poor area's of the kit fit wise thankfully in all but the silver finishes they are easily hidden with a painted scheme,I like the softer

plastic of these later boxing's.

Morning folk's,well I have to say some of the worst decals I've see in all the years I've been at this modelling lark but we're nearly done,the clear backing

is thick and matt so I've had to trim everything to the bone and lost the 17 in front of the fuselage roundel to curling up,I should be able to find something

in the spares box.on with the canopy and missiles next.

20200226_111135

• Like 11

On 2/23/2020 at 11:18 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave 

That's interesting Dave,

I thought there would only be the "normal" tail in the early kit and the "crooked" one was added for the JA37 - but I must be wrong!  Is there a gun pod as well?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's,managed to move this one on over the weekend sorted out replacement 17's but miss laid the squadron badges for the tail but they'll

turn up so once on with a couple of small ones I'll matt coat her and fettle the canopy and fit the missiles.

20200309_110212

• Like 8

I agree she does look rather nice in plan grey.

If I do another one I'd probably go for that scheme......though the power of the splinter is hard to resist! :D

• Like 1

Hi folk's,number five all done after a last minute chew on with the canopy which I'm still not 100% happy with but hey ho it's still been fun.

20200315_113916

• Like 4

wel done Steve again on a fine looking model, because she looks so nice I'll even forgive you that she's not in a splinter scheme! :D

I know you've really enjoyed yourself in this GB, but remember you still have 2 months to go with this one, and even with your other commitments in  other GB's (bad Steve!!!) you could still get into double figures with builds in this one! :D

As I've said before it's always great to have you along on these GB's :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

wel done Steve again on a fine looking model, because she looks so nice I'll even forgive you that she's not in a splinter scheme! :D

I know you've really enjoyed yourself in this GB, but remember you still have 2 months to go with this one, and even with your other commitments in  other GB's (bad Steve!!!) you could still get into double figures with builds in this one! :D

As I've said before it's always great to have you along on these GB's :thumbsup:

Many thank's again Rich the good thing about these oldies are that they are cheap and stress free (relatively) so with that in mind as well as the f-104 which I'll

start this week I will also be building the Matchbox Gladiator and Airfix Bristol Bulldog  in Swedish colours before the GB's end.

• Like 3