1/72 - Sukhoi Su-17 Samolet R (1949) prototype by A&A Models - released

Homebee

A direct relative of the Su-7, by the way, is another (but distant) relative of the Su-7 is the Sabre, some of the constructive solutions of which were used on the Su-7.

On this plane, which has never flown, enough drawings and photos to design a great model!  We will see what happens with A & A!

B.R.

Serge

Great news, I always liked the sleek appearance of this aircraft. Of course this would have to happen after finally getting hold of an LF kit after many years of searching! I really admire AA for choosing these subjects, thoughtfully they seem to be gradually working through my wish list...now we just need a HF-24 Marut,  HAL Tejas and a Tu-98 Backfin and I'll be as happy as a happy person that has every reason to be happy...

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Of course this would have to happen after finally getting hold of an LF kit after many years of searching!

LF kit was formally the main reason why the Su-17 did not make another manufacturer.😎

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

now we just need a HF-24 Marut,  HAL Tejas and a Tu-98 Backfin

For such desires, in the modern Russian folklore

http://absurdopedia.net/wiki/Губозакаточная_машина

there is the term "lip-sealing machine":

(manual)*

121470-vms-GR_1.jpg

(electric)

011111111111.jpg

as a synonym for a pipe dream!

😉😁😁😁

Because it seems that nobody needs the real HAL Tejas, including the Indians who produce it.

But if you have  scrap model Mirage 2000, JAS-39 Gripen & F/A-18 you may 

scratchbuilding HAL Tejas, as I think!

😉😂🤔

B.R.

Serge

* - 

Lip-grinding machine GR-1

Instruction for use
 labial
 typewriter

1. Unpack the device
 2. Take the lip-cutting machine in your left hand and bring it to the lower rolled lip.
 3. Insert the rolled lip into the hole between the rollers.
 4. Put your right hand to the handle of the lip-cutting machine, grab hold of it, and start slowly, rotate counterclockwise.
 5. After the lip is rolled up, it is recommended to hold the lip in the rolled-up position for some time.  This will save you the desire to have something.
 6. When the job is done, slowly, using the machine, roll the lip to its original position.
 7. In the event that the lip again had the imprudence to roll out, it is worth using the lip-filling machine again until the latter is completely rolled up.

Validity:
 Is not limited
 Warranty:
 10 km of rolled lips.

https://vmasshtabe.ru/jumor/gubozakatochnaya-mashinka-gr-1.html

😁😁😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Haha 2

Great news !! - another one on the 'Must get' list.....

I made the Legato kit (is that the same as the LF kit, Melchie ??)  many years ago........

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Type R was ahead of its time - the whole front fuselage could detach in an emergency to form an escape capsule - way before the F-111 !

Looking forward to the kit from A&A....

Ken

• Like 1

16 hours ago, general melchett said:

Great news, I always liked the sleek appearance of this aircraft. Of course this would have to happen after finally getting hold of an LF kit after many years of searching! I really admire AA for choosing these subjects, thoughtfully they seem to be gradually working through my wish list...now we just need a HF-24 Marut,  HAL Tejas and a Tu-98 Backfin and I'll be as happy as a happy person that has every reason to be happy...

They are also supposed to be doing the VAK-191 to go with the VJ-101

• Like 1

Good news if it happens Geoff, hopefully a lot cheaper than the Anigrand kit. 

I made the Legato kit (is that the same as the LF kit, Melchie ??)  many years ago........

I'm not sure Ken, it looks the same, detailwise. The LF kit's full resin with PE and air bubbles supplied free. Actually, it's a decent kit though a tad expensive.

9 hours ago, general melchett said:

The LF kit's full resin with PE and air bubbles supplied free.

Air bubbles(?):

Then this LF is a valuable kit !!!!

Without air bubbles, new A&A kit loser !!!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

Interesting, this fighter look as white crown, because have wing sweep 50 degrees.  Previous generation Yak-50, MiG-17 & La-176 have wing sweep 50 degrees, next generation  MiG-17 & La-190 have wing sweep 55 degrees.

It turns out Su-17 only one Soviet fighter with wing sweep 50 degrees?

B.R.

Serge

6 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Interesting, this fighter look as white crown, because have wing sweep 50 degrees.  Previous generation Yak-50, MiG-17 & La-176 have wing sweep 50 degrees, next generation  MiG-17 & La-190 have wing sweep 55 degrees.

It turns out Su-17 only one Soviet fighter with wing sweep 50 degrees?

B.R.

Serge

I'm sorry, but did you mean 45 degrees for the Yak-50, MiG-17 & La-176?

John

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I'm sorry, but did you mean 45 degrees for the Yak-50, MiG-17 & La-176?

John

Thanks,John!

Of cource 45 degrees for the Yak-50, MiG-17 & La-176, 

it's just my typo, this is evident in the meaning of my posting. 

B.R.

Serge

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...