Scary Skeeter - Aeroclub 1/72

CedB

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Then my Dear Green Lord... Everybody here know that you are the beer monster !! :cheers:

In August, I may be tempted by visiting Poole, bringing some rocket fuel ??

Next appointment will be SMW 2021...

CC's bin bag is coming ...

See you soon !! 

CC

Feel free to visit Poole any time you like. My Brother in law, who is a professional beer expert works for a real ale pub, We will have to see about getting you ratted on some British real ales.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I can't speak for Ced's visit to the museum but he was making "wokka, wokka" noises and pretending to fly after consuming some of @corsaircorp's Belgian beer at Telford as were many other BM members, with the exception of my good self, who was the only one behaving even remotely sensibly.

Straight laced of Mars 👽

I've heard about that Belgian beer. I can probably use it for rocket fuel.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

@corsaircorp breaths the fumes out in order to strip paint from old models.

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Feel free to contact @general melchett to receive your prize.

Martian 👽

Will do Martian, thanks :wicked:

13 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Then my Dear Green Lord... Everybody here know that you are the beer monster !! :cheers:

In August, I may be tempted by visiting Poole, bringing some rocket fuel ??

Next appointment will be SMW 2021...

CC's bin bag is coming ...

[snip video]

See you soon !! 

CC

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Feel free to visit Poole any time you like. My Brother in law, who is a professional beer expert works for a real ale pub, We will have to see about getting you ratted on some British real ales.

Martian 👽

54 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

@corsaircorp breaths the fumes out in order to strip paint from old models.

Martian 👽

Oooh, can I come? :D 

3 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

You can Michael, believe me :) 

12 hours ago, Whofan said:

Confused of Kidderminster writes ...

if the internet connection is down, how can you access the website to do diagnostics in the internet connection ?

12 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Dear Confused of Kidderminster,

Routers generate their own IP addresses which are broadcast around your network, either by WiFi or cabling. By plugging in to the router with an Ethernet cable, you can type its IP address into your browser and access its settings page. This sometimes works over wifi, but I find it better to do it with a hard wired connection.

When we get power cuts here, I find my gigabit Ethernet router needs to be told not to use the default IP address because it clashes with the broadband router. Quite why it forgets I’ve set a custom IP defeats me, but there you go.

11 hours ago, Whofan said:

Thanks for the explanation Heather, but my query was based on the fact Ced said ( ooops, is that onomatopoeai ? ) his internet had gone down.  I assumed he had lost connection to the internet.

No internet, no access to internet to check the website. That's how I understood it.

11 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

That is what Ced implied, true enough. I read between the lines.

Thanks John and Heather :) 

The answer is a Smartphone and 4G.

Heather's right that I interrogated the hub using a cable, but it said 'connected'. obviously it got confused - a hard reset on the Sky Q hub (hold the button in for 15 seconds) reset to 'factory settings'.

Useless.

10 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Happy to make it a threesome!

Terry

To the Army Air Museum - any time! :) 

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

What, something like this.....

[snip BBT Soft Kitty]

:tease:

Similar Keith, but the non-nerdy English version :D 

BTW, 'Big Bang Theory' has been replaying, from the start, on Sky recently. Deep joy - one of my favourite series :) 

I'm hoping the lurgie is better tomorrow so that I can get that canopy framed :fingerscrossed:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CedB said:

Thanks John and Heather :) 

The answer is a Smartphone and 4G.

Aah,

them old smartphones and 4g. They are useful things to have as back up.

I should have thought of that.  :doh:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CedB said:

To the Army Air Museum - any time! :) 

Sounds like the makings of a plan. So I know I am retired, and I think I recall you are also, so that leaves Crisp, @Ex-FAAWAFU who will probably find it less easy to do such things at the drop of a hat, but maybe we can find a weekend, or less busy week day to do such things "en mass". It's also very close to the Old Sarum based Boscombe collection, now is that a real plan forming?

Terry

aka Avon, Dorset, Wiltshire BM planning group

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CedB said:

Deep joy - one of my favourite series

Mine too, currently going through the 11 episodes I have left of the final series to watch - series linked them on Channel 4 and didn't get round to watching them at the time for some reason. Thought I'd best watch them now in case the Sky Q box blows up...!!

K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Murdo said:

This is one of these Classic BM "builds" that starts with a "build" (this time a wee helicopter) and then roams over most of the known universe in topics.

:rofl:

And this is why I love Britmodeller!

• Like 8

On 08/03/2020 at 23:28, keefr22 said:

Mine too, currently going through the 11 episodes I have left of the final series to watch - series linked them on Channel 4 and didn't get round to watching them at the time for some reason. Thought I'd best watch them now in case the Sky Q box blows up...!!

K

Seriously, when I was at University I knew one or two people who were as dysfunctional as the characters in the show. More the Leonard and Howard dysfunctional, but not exclusively in physics.

My wife doesn't get the programme, but I think it's brilliant. Probably because I knew people who were like the characters in the show.

Here's a bit of movie trivia - Johnny Galeki, who plays Leonard, played Rusty Griswold in the third greatest Christmas film ever, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

(IMO).

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

OK, OK, I'll bite. What are #1 and #2?

Regards,

Adrian :)

All choices are my personal opinion of course;  It's a wonderful life, and Home alone.

Die Hard, though technically it is not a Christmas film (has to be released at Christmas with a Christmas theme), is well up there, as is the original Scrooge, the original miracle on 34th street, and Gremlins.

The Snowman and Polar Express of the animated/cgi films,  and I confess to a snigger or two during the Bill Murray version of Scrooged - ("it's a pop up toaster"!) and Holiday Inn because it features the White Christmas song.

Everyone else, inclusding yourself, will probably have different choices !

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Seriously, when I was at University I knew one or two people who were as dysfunctional as the characters in the show.

I'd think anyone who went to Uni did. We had one or two lecturers who were even worse!!

Binge watched the last 7 episodes yesterday and really felt quite sad at the end of the last one!

Keith

• Like 1

Flippin' 'eck, nearly a week since I posted any modelling stuff!

There is some progress below and I think the 'man flu' is receding - some energy this morning and the 'brain fuzz' seems to be clearing a bit. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

On 08/03/2020 at 23:02, Whofan said:

Aah,

them old smartphones and 4g. They are useful things to have as back up.

I should have thought of that.  :doh:

Thanks John - don't worry, it took me some time to realise I had to turn its WiFi off! :D 

On 08/03/2020 at 23:19, Terry1954 said:

Sounds like the makings of a plan. So I know I am retired, and I think I recall you are also, so that leaves Crisp, @Ex-FAAWAFU who will probably find it less easy to do such things at the drop of a hat, but maybe we can find a weekend, or less busy week day to do such things "en mass". It's also very close to the Old Sarum based Boscombe collection, now is that a real plan forming?

Terry

aka Avon, Dorset, Wiltshire BM planning group

Plan for a visit to Boscombe and Army Air? I'm in! :) 

On 08/03/2020 at 23:28, keefr22 said:

K

You're ahead of me Keith - I've just watched Penny (drool) and… what's his name, damn, I thought the brain fuzz had gone… Leonard (!!!) get married so plenty to go for me. :D 

Nerd heaven it is, great stuff.

Sky Q? Oooh, get you, all up to date! I thought about pressing Sky into a free upgrade this week but what do you do about all the stuff on the old box??

On 08/03/2020 at 23:55, Murdo said:

This is one of these Classic BM "builds" that starts with a "build" (this time a wee helicopter) and then roams over most of the known universe in topics.

:rofl:

Thanks Murdo :) 

I love BM - or rather its members - and how the 'tribe' keep the thread going when the modelling gets a bit thin.

I've learned a lot on here… and not just about plastic kits!

On 09/03/2020 at 02:12, Space Ranger said:

And this is why I love Britmodeller!

Seconded! :) 

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Seriously, when I was at University I knew one or two people who were as dysfunctional as the characters in the show. More the Leonard and Howard dysfunctional, but not exclusively in physics.

My wife doesn't get the programme, but I think it's brilliant. Probably because I knew people who were like the characters in the show.

Here's a bit of movie trivia - Johnny Galeki, who plays Leonard, played Rusty Griswold in the third greatest Christmas film ever, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

(IMO).

They're great characters John aren't they? My sort of humour… not very often I laugh out loud at the TV but this one does it for me :D 

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

OK, OK, I'll bite. What are #1 and #2?

Regards,

Adrian :)

Ah yes, good point Adrian… :) 

42 minutes ago, Whofan said:

All choices are my personal opinion of course;  It's a wonderful life, and Home alone.

Die Hard, though technically it is not a Christmas film (has to be released at Christmas with a Christmas theme), is well up there, as is the original Scrooge, the original miracle on 34th street, and Gremlins.

The Snowman and Polar Express of the animated/cgi films,  and I confess to a snigger or two during the Bill Murray version of Scrooged - ("it's a pop up toaster"!) and Holiday Inn because it features the White Christmas song.

Everyone else, inclusding yourself, will probably have different choices !

Has to be 'Love Actually' for me. My girls tell me I'm almost word perfect…

I like most of Richard Curtis's stuff, especially Notting Hill of course as that also has one of my favourite actresses too. "Do you want to come up?" The stuff of dreams… :Tasty:

20 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I'd think anyone who went to Uni did. We had one or two lecturers who were even worse!!

Binge watched the last 7 episodes yesterday and really felt quite sad at the end of the last one!

Keith

Of course Keith, only right… Go round again? :D

Brace yourselves - some modelling!

Got a bit more framing done before the wobbles got to me:

49647259446_d60b4db8af_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, CedB said:

Flippin' 'eck, nearly a week since I posted any modelling stuff!

There is some progress below and I think the 'man flu' is receding - some energy this morning and the 'brain fuzz' seems to be clearing a bit. Fingers crossed

Ced, "man flu"? Perhaps you've been corona'ed.

Anyway, nice to see you on the mend and back in harness, if still slightly wobbly.

"Binge watched the last 7 episodes yesterday and really felt quite sad at the end of the last one!

Keith

Of course Keith, only right… Go round again?"

I keep picking up episodes again as I wash up after dinner (or tea, as we called it when I was a lad). I thought I had seen all episodes, but  watched one the other night that I didn't recall seeing before, so I'm keeping an eye on the schedules to see what is being shown when.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CedB said:

Sky Q? Oooh, get you, all up to date!

TBH Ced, only got it when we switched back to Sky from Virgin last time. Trying to watch everything I want that's recorded as my contract ends in 2 months and the bill is doubling, so if they won't negotiate then it's on its way again! We've only got the 'basic' Q box and it's not much better than the original box apart from being able to record 3 things at a time. In some ways it's worse than the last VHS recorder we had, as that recorded stuff by a code number, so if the previous show over-run it still got the end of the one you wanted. The 'state of the art' Q box cuts off the end of a recorded programme if the previous one over-runs!

5 hours ago, Whofan said:

Of course Keith, only right… Go round again?

Yep, already started - downloaded half the first series off Sky yesterday, unfortunately missed the first six episodes, but I'm sure they'll be on again!

K

• Like 2

We’ve got a box that cut off the ends of programmes that overrun but sticks it on the beginning of the next one if they’re consecutive programmes on the same channel! Isn’t technology wonderful. Our box has recently started restricting the channels we can watch if we’re  recording two programmes simultaneously. Perhaps it’s time to replace it, we’ve had it about 10 years.

John

• Sad 1

On 11/03/2020 at 11:03, giemme said:

Excellent framing, Ced! :clap: 

Ciao

Thanks Giorgio - still some way to go, when I'm back to 'normal' :) 

On 11/03/2020 at 11:08, Whofan said:

Ced, "man flu"? Perhaps you've been corona'ed.

Anyway, nice to see you on the mend and back in harness, if still slightly wobbly.

Thanks John :) 

A worry eh? I think I'm OK as I don't have a fever (just a bit hot; fnaar!), no dry cough and I'm breathing OK. Younger daughter has been sent home from teaching in London as she has a temperature and they're taking no chances. She rang 111 and they said they're not doing anything unless there has been contact with a known infected case and that she should self-isolate. Netflix awaits…

Wait a minute, if she self-isolates and did have COVID-19 who would ever know? :hmmm:

On 11/03/2020 at 11:08, Whofan said:

"Binge watched the last 7 episodes yesterday and really felt quite sad at the end of the last one!

Keith

Of course Keith, only right… Go round again?"

I keep picking up episodes again as I wash up after dinner (or tea, as we called it when I was a lad). I thought I had seen all episodes, but  watched one the other night that I didn't recall seeing before, so I'm keeping an eye on the schedules to see what is being shown when.

Just checked and they're (mostly) on E4 :) 

On 11/03/2020 at 12:51, The Spadgent said:

Wonderful canopy Mr B. Beautifully executed. 👍🤓  

Thanks Johnny :) 

On 11/03/2020 at 16:28, keefr22 said:

TBH Ced, only got it when we switched back to Sky from Virgin last time. Trying to watch everything I want that's recorded as my contract ends in 2 months and the bill is doubling, so if they won't negotiate then it's on its way again! We've only got the 'basic' Q box and it's not much better than the original box apart from being able to record 3 things at a time. In some ways it's worse than the last VHS recorder we had, as that recorded stuff by a code number, so if the previous show over-run it still got the end of the one you wanted. The 'state of the art' Q box cuts off the end of a recorded programme if the previous one over-runs!

Yep, already started - downloaded half the first series off Sky yesterday, unfortunately missed the first six episodes, but I'm sure they'll be on again!

K

Thanks Keith :) 

5 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

We’ve got a box that cut off the ends of programmes that overrun but sticks it on the beginning of the next one if they’re consecutive programmes on the same channel! Isn’t technology wonderful. Our box has recently started restricting the channels we can watch if we’re  recording two programmes simultaneously. Perhaps it’s time to replace it, we’ve had it about 10 years.

John

Nothing worse than settling down to watch a programme and finding its chopped John :( 

I'm wondering if it's worth Sky at all - oh no wait, Blue Bloods…

Still wobbly but had a go at designing some masks for these:

49625146198_2df61f361f_n.jpg 49646286068_6c0a2ab758_n.jpg

49625146213_6c1a1473ae_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Like this:

49652240561_6672ea7288_z.jpg

Tried sticking one set on but guess what - they're tiny.

Feeling hot again now (snurf!) so I'll leave it for now.

• Like 5

Thanks Johnny :) 

Another day of feeling rough but one highlight - Mrs B finally brought home some Yogurt pots with plain white plastic under the cardboard outer:

49655624066_33de6062bd_z.jpg

Racheal's brand. Available at a supermarket near you… probably.

The yogurt tastes good too :) 

Now I can model like Giorgio. A ha ha ha :D 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8