Scary Skeeter - Aeroclub 1/72

CedB

42 minutes ago, CedB said:

Wow. If you have RAC will they come to your home? I think they do battery replacement at reasonable cost? It is a sort of breakdown after all.

Yes, 'Home Start' is part of the cover, and I'm currently waiting for them to get back to me with an ETA - very busy round here today, apparently...

....seems they carry dedicated battery test gear, so will see what that says - if it fails, not sure if they can/will replace it (they'd have to get one first)...

....the dealer's 21.1 miles away (accordingly to Google) - but looking at my account blurb, there is no longer a 10-mile limit, so that should be OK...

BTW, Fnarr too much reference to bottoms on the preceding page!

Edited by andyf117
  • Like 1

Thanks Giorgio :) 

Andy I hope you get the car sorted (and well done for spotting the Fnarrs!) :D 

A test fit of the controls:

49591496266_c0544443f2_z.jpg

The collectives could maybe do with another sand. Maybe.

Note the 'buttons' on those - I, like hendie, am also becoming a fan of MDP (Mr Dissolved Putty).

Time to fit the boxes and give the whole thing a base coat of VMA NATO black:

49591055458_39f72f012a_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Everything else will be brush painted as it goes in.

• Like 10

Looks good Ced, remind me who endorsed MDP recently ;)

Don't forget that a light dry brushing with Clear will alter the look of various black panels without drastic repainting

Texture change makes a big difference too

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CedB said:

Andy I hope you get the car sorted (and well done for spotting the Fnarrs!) :D

Cheers, Ced... :fingerscrossed:

Don't know if you model in a particularly damp environment, but the Skeeter appears to have suddenly sprouted some black Lichen!

Or is it a toupee? If it is, you really can't see the join, honestly! 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

38 minutes ago, CedB said:

am also becoming a fan of MDP (Mr Dissolved Putty).

I use it now and then, it's pretty good.

Skeeter is looking great Ced, but what's this.........

38 minutes ago, CedB said:

That's a fine head of hair! 🤣

Terry

3 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

but the Skeeter appears to have suddenly sprouted some black Lichen!

Or is it a toupee? If it is, you really can't see the join, honestly!

Snap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Loks like a really good quality syrup

I didnt like to mention it...

How did a Brummie get to know that?

😉

Ian

Ps for the benefit of our non English friends, it's Cockney (East London) rhyming slang. Syrup of fig = wig

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Ps for the benefit of our non English friends, it's Cockney (East London) rhyming slang. Syrup of fig = wig

Thanks Ian.... :rofl: 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, perdu said:

The Arfer an' Tel vocabulary primer of course, simples

one of my favourite Minder episodes was when Tel's? young cousin came to stay, Arfer had a load of football boots he was trying to sell, he got Tel and the cousin to unscrew all of the boot studs so that he could sell them as boat shoes that made use of "the latest football boot technology". Anywho, at one point Terry is tiring to get his girlfriend alone and suggests that the cousin goes to bed, the cousin replies "yer, I'm pretty cattled as it happens"

translation: cattle trucked = tired

🤣

rgds

John(shortCummins)

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Looks good Ced, remind me who endorsed MDP recently ;)

Don't forget that a light dry brushing with Clear will alter the look of various black panels without drastic repainting

Texture change makes a big difference too

Was it you Bill? :D Certainly hendie and he got 'likes' from others.

Thanks for the tip on the Klear - I'll give it a go.

Thanks Andy, Terry, Eric and Bill for comments on the syrup. You know it's foam masking the gearbox don't you? :D

Gor lummy mateys, we've orl come over a bit Cockney Sparra eh? Gawd bless ye.

16 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

one of my favourite Minder episodes was when Tel's? young cousin came to stay, Arfer had a load of football boots he was trying to sell, he got Tel and the cousin to unscrew all of the boot studs so that he could sell them as boat shoes that made use of "the latest football boot technology". Anywho, at one point Terry is tiring to get his girlfriend alone and suggests that the cousin goes to bed, the cousin replies "yer, I'm pretty cattled as it happens"

🤣

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Sorry John, but I don't think you've got the hang of this - it's supposed to rhyme! :wicked:

17 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

By the way Ced, what washi tape do you use? I can't find anything except rolls of it, don't you use sheets in the cutter?

Ian

Washi tape? 'The Hive' discovered that you could buy 'MT Washi tape' that comes from the same factory that makes the Tamiya stuff. Much cheaper. Have a search.

I haven't found any sheets (yet) so I use Tamiya for that, just to be sure.

Internals have had their first 'overcoat':

49592502607_bafb46ca47_z.jpg

Heather's H32  (I'm obsessed) for the seats, mixed with H33 for the panels.

Little box on the top (what do you mean 'Where?') glossy black.

I've also painted the columns and brake levers (not shown) ready for when the main bit is finished.

The 'other' round nosed pliers have arrived too:

49591643768_771ab12e52_z.jpg

49591647873_74621b6991_z.jpg

Not perfect but useable and under £7.

Ready for the next tiny thing bending (with Ian's idea on using punches).

• Like 10

Would you adam & eve it, the diamond geezer from the RAC 'ad a butcher's an' reckoned the Volvo bloke weren't telling porkies abaht the jam jar's battery, and it was cream crackered...

....he got me up and running, said I shouldn't 'ave any barney taking it dahn the frog to the dealer, so off I popped on me tod. got the old one aht and the new one in, 'anded over almost another ton of readies, and got back to me drum an hour ago...

• Haha 6
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, andyf117 said:

Would you adam & eve it, the diamond geezer from the RAC 'ad a butcher's an' reckoned the Volvo bloke weren't telling porkies abaht the jam jar's battery, and it was cream crackered...

....he got me up and running, said I shouldn't 'ave any barney taking it dahn the frog to the dealer, so off I popped on me tod. got the old one aht and the new one in, 'anded over almost another ton of readies, and got back to me drum an hour ago...

You ain't Brahms Andy by any chance? 

Terry

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, shortCummins said:

"Cattle truck" is something this Texan understands. But they all have tires (tyres to you UK types). I don't get it. 😕

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Haha 8

On 2/27/2020 at 12:06 PM, andyf117 said:

Have you been watching Monty Python again (apologies for the cartoon version; original not available due to copyright restrictions)?

Edited by Space Ranger
Replaced video.
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, shortCummins said:

at one point Terry is tiring to get his girlfriend alone and suggests that the cousin goes to bed, the cousin replies "yer, I'm pretty cattled as it happens"

Well all that talk of ointment for the General’s nether protuberances immediately made me think of one of my fave rhyming slang words...  “ooh, Doctor, I can’t sit down cos my Chalfonts is hurting summat rotten”.

Chalfont St Giles = piles

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Have you been watching Monty Python again?

I say, that's a totally different type of banter, ol' bean, don't y'know, what? One of my favourite sketches, that one...

6 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

"Cattle truck" is something this Texan understands. But they all have tires (tyres to you UK types). I don't get it. 😕

Nothing to do with tyres (tires, to you), me ol' China* - think of a word that rhymes with trucked...

15 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Translations: adam & eve = believe; diamond geezer is a term for a good man (aka 'top bloke'); 'ad a butcher's (hook) = took a look; porkies (pork pies) = lies; jam jar = car; cream crackered = knackered (worn out, tired); barney (rubble) = trouble; frog (& toad) = road; on me tod (Sloan, American jockey) = on my own; ton = £100; readies is another term for bread (& honey) = money; drum (& bass) = place. Further down: Brahms (& Liszt) = pi**ed; giraffe = laugh; Tom & Jerry = merry...

*China (plate) = mate

Geddit now?

It's all Perdu's fault, he started it by calling the Skeeter's hairpiece a syrup - some of us use more refined and genteel terminology...

....that Arthur Daley chappie he refers to was just so, well, how can one put it politely? So common...

Edited by andyf117
  • Haha 10

I’ve forgotten whose thread this is now!

Just caught up with the last three pages, we’ve had serious problems with our interweb thingy over the last 10 days ( still not properly fixed ) since we tried to subscribe to an internet/telephone deal. I’m a bit of a Luddite where IT is concerned but trying to discuss technical problems in french!  My head hurts. :deadhorse:

John

• Haha 5