Tamiya's 1/48 Mosquito FB VI as "Hairless Joe"

Oh, wow – that is pure poetry in 3D!

What a wonderful Mossie. That subtle weathering of the edges of removable panels, that windscreen wiper, those subtly displaced control surfaces…

Pure, inspiring poetry.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very nicely done :)

Nice subtle weathering and detailing

I've got the bomber version in the stash to build at some point and I'd be happy if it was half as good as yours

Ian

• Thanks 1

Fantastic finish on this one, your scratch-built details have made a world of difference. Your photos show just how crisp and tidy your work is. My photos show all my mistakes. 

Thanks for sharing this lovely build. 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely stunning Andy!!

Just love everything about what you have done here.  By far my favorite BM WIP.  Love the detail, weathering, finish etc… in fact, .what's not to love about this.

Thanks for sharing your time and skills, I hope my 24th one ends up looking half this good!

Cheers Anthony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job Andy, IF I can get to Nanton, I would hope to see it at the model show, I am hopeful but there are a few family issues at the moment, BUT I do hope to see this for real and up close, a beautiful build, Russ would have been proud of this one !  Like Richard says......  Take a Hero cookie............ excellent, I love it !

Jeff

35 minutes ago, Crimea River said:

Thanks Jeff, great to hear from you. I think the next show is in Edmonton and I don't think I'll make it there. We'll see.

Will this be at The Aviation Museum? I haven't been to a model show for about 10 years.

Chris

• Like 1