1/48 Revell Eurofighter - the GHOST TIGER glow in the dark

Since the Ghost Tiger in 1/72 from Revell is a bit too small for me, and understandably this special livery means a bit more to me than some other Tiffies, the birdie had to be a little bigger in my showcase. In addition, I had a little special effect in my head that unfortunately didn't make it to the original (but could almost have with a little more time!). I really wanted to know what it could have looked like, so here is my "uncanny Ghost Tiger - glow in the dark edition" Boooohooohooooooooooooo ....
(for all those who might still be interested in the route up to that point and who might want to take something with them for their own Tiffy project , here's the WIP again:

37792902tk.jpg

37792905ae.jpg

• Like 15

On the original, depending on the angle of the light, you could make out a certain color difference between the gray on the foil and the paint on the jet. I tried to show it in a similar way in the decals. Otherwise, I hope that the tiger stripes also lie as in the original and all panels are where they should be:

37793132bl.jpg

37793133qt.jpg

• Like 3

Depending on the sunlight, the film on the HUD display also casts a nice green shimmer and here the conversion work on the canopy frame might become a little clearer:

37793160oi.jpg

37793161eq.jpg

37793162zx.jpg

37793255lz.jpg

37793258gg.jpg

Edited by bushande
  • Like 4

Many thanks for the interest and the nice feedback.

A quick look at the belly side: The tanks and the payload are removable. As for the intakes; as you can see ....... you don’t see any of the rework, but at least I know it’s there hehe:

37793358rv.jpg

37793359nd.jpg

37793360jq.jpg

37793361mr.jpg

Edited by bushande
  • Like 1

On the original, the fail was sealed at many areas and panel lines with a shiny glue / sealant. I tried to imitate this somewhat in the model. If the satin finish shines in one place every now and then, it is deliberately so!

37793394mx.jpg

37793396rs.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice unusual scheme, well executed.  Got to think that on the real thing the low visibility must be somewhat compromised with this scheme.

Graeme