Academy 1/48 Hawker Hunter F.6

1/48 Academy Hawker Hunter F.6, 14 SQN RAF Gütersloh, 1963

Hi folks, this was a kit I started nearly ten years ago when I was a teenager and was left half built. Completed as part of the KUTA GB. WIP here. Following advice I shortened the tail bullet and moved the tailplanes forward so they were correctly positioned (more or less). Apart from that it was completely OOB. This was also my first time using an airbrush and I am happy with the result! I used Tamiya flat Aluminium, Xtracrylix Dark Sea Grey and Modelmaster Acryl Dark Green. Definitely a smoother finish than when I use a brush! (The masking was killer though) I left this one relatively clean due to the fast approaching GB deadline and the fact that when looking at reference images they appeared to be well looked after. Anyway, thanks for looking, any pointers would be happily received. 
P.S cutting up the decals for the undercarriage doors were a nightmare. 

49477392482_93a840d982_b.jpg

49477170146_3c341c32b3_b.jpg

49477392267_04e8042d5f_b.jpg

49476686778_07545d9e7d_b.jpg

49476686473_582db76476_b.jpg

49477392412_38c0482dcf_b.jpg

49477388572_698323d6b2_b.jpg

Cheers,

Ash

Edited by Doccur
  • Like 31

Great build :) 

I did one a couple of years ago

Just one little thing that was pointed out to me was that the F6's outer pylons weren't plumbed in for the extra tanks

the later variants were, but the F6 only carried the 100 gallon inners

Some later F6's were apparently modified for rockets on the outers, but not plumbed in for fuel

The Academy weapons load out is a bit vague, but it's a cracking build though, well done

Ian :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Great build :) 

I did one a couple of years ago

Just one little thing that was pointed out to me was that the F6's outer pylons weren't plumbed in for the extra tanks

the later variants were, but the F6 only carried the 100 gallon inners

Some later F6's were apparently modified for rockets on the outers, but not plumbed in for fuel

The Academy weapons load out is a bit vague, but it's a cracking build though, well done

Ian :) 

Cheers for the pointer, I’ll know for my next one 🤦🏻‍♂️The academy instructions aren’t great... that we can agree on! 

I’m thinking Airfix’s In a blue diamonds scheme for my next hunter... :thumbsup:

Ash

• Like 1