*done* Finland - A German medium bomber (1/3 of 2020)

vppelt68

• 2 weeks later...

Last Dornier wip pic - I had a week off not even touching this kit, as I wanted to build a Stuka too before I get serious with the Lancaster - but it gives me the pleasure to finish two group builds in one evening :yahoo:. V-P

2020-03-01_08-24-52

• Like 8

VP. Just for Interest Is there an issue with the Swastika style marking in Finland as well or is that a real Finnish marking? 

It is looking real good. Makes me want to get mine done. Real life work is interfering with my modeling at the moment. 

• Haha 1

Well done V.P, another excellent result and the final gallery photos really do show this great build up so well. I’d say you’ve convinced a few more modellers to seek out this ICM kit as it looks really good once finished.

Cheers, well modelled and see over on the Lanc GB.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

well done VP she looks great (just been going over her in the gallery). The national markings look better in those photos! :D

Sounds like you enjoyed your build, thanks for joining us, was a pleasure to have you along.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, JOCKNEY said:

I seem to remember someone telling me that Revell #9 Anthracite was not to be trusted and to use humbrol 33 instead, after my attempt to use the same paint ended in a complete mess.

I have bought just a few weeks ago a fresh tin of the Revell Antrasite and it works as it should. In fact my recent experiences with the Revell enamels have been good. They have clearly changed the chemistry somehow (blue tins?) as earlier they worked such like you say. 

And about the Dornier: It is a beauty as a kit ans wel as model! I'll have one close to the top of to build pile soon ;)

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 2

I can't say a bad word about the half a dozen Revell paints I've bought lately - oh, except the tin lid is very tight on first opening and results a curvy lip in it!

I like the #9 Anthracite as Finnish warpaint black. I don't know if it's a correct shade but to my eye it looks better than solid black.

Kauhavalle! V-P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

And this beautiful Dornier just caught my eye! Nice work V-P!

This morning when I was sipping my coffee and flipping through pages of a book about aircraft (surprise, surprise) I was playing with the idea of building a post war Finnish Dornier with that flying pencil carrying a camera emblem. Your work certainly is inspirational.

Cheers,

Antti

• Thanks 1