Cierva C.30a LN-BAD circa 1934 .. Mini Art 1/35

Another Mini Art Cierva C.30a (41006) for the cabinet. This particular aircraft (c/n 735) was delivered to Oslo based Tobacco manufacturer Tiedemanns in 1934 and used to promote their ‘Medina’ brand of cigarettes. The aircraft was later passed to the Norwegian Army for artillery observation trials where it received the serial 99 still wearing the same overall blue colour scheme. With the trials less than successful the aircraft was ultimately sold on to Sweden where it became SE-AFI. The aircraft survives today at the Schipol Air Museum.

Absolutely love this kit and the colour scheme - hope it’s of interest. RAF one next - it would be nice to see some after market gear for this kit, decals, Leo C.30 conversion set anyone or just the Salmson engine - I'll do the rest!

• Like 24

From what I can see the main changes from  Cierva C30 and a Leo C30 are confined to the type of engine and the panel lines on the starboard fuselage. Could it be coincidence that the kit’s engine and starboard fuselage are on the same sprue? Are Mini art planning a Leo C30?

5 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

From what I can see the main changes from  Cierva C30 and a Leo C30 are confined to the type of engine and the panel lines on the starboard fuselage. Could it be coincidence that the kit’s engine and starboard fuselage are on the same sprue? Are Mini art planning a Leo C30?

Hi Yes that's about it. If they are going to do it I wish they get on with it though in fairness they do seem to be cranking out new versions fairly quickly. Some of the French schemes are lovely. If I could find a replacement engine I'd bash one out myself! 

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful Cierva, museum quality standard.

Kind regards,

Joachim

That’s very kind mate but I’m not sure about ‘museum quality’. I see plenty of models on BM that are museum quality - unfortunately non of them are mine!

• Like 1