OLD WARRIOR OF THE COLD WAR, CHIEFTAIN MK2 MANOEUVRES TAKOM 1/35

Hi Pals, 

A small diorama with my last tank, a Takom Chieftain MK2, inspired by the kit's boxart and some photo of the real model.
I add a link to the RTI, and another to the WIP, in case there is anyone interested in seeing more photos, with the model alone.

Thanks for watch and comments.
Cheers mates. 👍

I5j6zDY.jpg 

sOReCSC.jpg

1GjlGtc.jpg

U8z4Apx.jpg

l0toqgm.jpg

wRcbRz8.jpg

kkUJa59.jpg

N21znLB.jpg

Bvdmszg.jpg

ERUsX7h.jpg

ynmDRXj.jpg

6JnVQb9.jpg

jKlU2em.jpg

Enbrxfy.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 52
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2020 at 18:56, PlaStix said:

Great looking base Francis! Your groundwork looks excellent! It really sets off your superb Chieftain beautifully. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Many thanks for yor kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Take care and cheers mate.

Francis :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Love it! I've got a real soft spot for the Chieftain, and I think yours is excellent. 

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. In case you are interested, I have included in the beginning of the topic, links to the WIP and RTI sections of the model, where you can find many more photos of it, with different angles and backgrounds.
Cheers mate and TC 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2020 at 19:25, Ozzy said:

Top job Francis, fantastic build on both the model and the groundwork.

Hi Ozzy,

many thanks for your like and kind comments,i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis👍

• Like 1

Hi Francis,

I don't know what's happened.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but I know I've already commented on your beautiful Chieftain and dio.  I've searched the WIP and here, and can't find my long page of praise (well, it was a few paragraphs, at least)

So, the short version.... It's brilliant. Up there with the very best.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

I don't know what's happened.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong place, but I know I've already commented on your beautiful Chieftain and dio.  I've searched the WIP and here, and can't find my long page of praise (well, it was a few paragraphs, at least)

So, the short version.... It's brilliant. Up there with the very best.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

Many thanks as always for your interest and kind words, it may be what you say, I have searched in the corresponding threads, and if your answer is in the RTI, at the end of the 2nd page, not so in the WIP.
No problem reading your compliments one more time ...:whistle: :)
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• 1 month later...
On 11/04/2020 at 10:35, Nev said:

Very dramatic pose!  Groundwork is very good and the weathering on the tank is excellent (not a fan of the leaves on the wheels though).

Hi Nev,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I don't always use the leaves, and I try not to overdo it.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/07/2020 at 06:45, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

WOW !!!! Just found this and Im sorry for not seeing it earlier. This is some excellent work on your whole vignette. :yikes:

Hi Corsairfoxforuncle,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, don't  worry, apologies for my late response, i'm glad you like it .

Cheers and TC.

Francis. 👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/02/2020 at 13:44, FrancisGL said:

Hi Pals, 

A small diorama with my last tank, a Takom Chieftain MK2, inspired by the kit's boxart and some photo of the real model.
I add a link to the RTI, and another to the WIP, in case there is anyone interested in seeing more photos, with the model alone.

Thanks for watch and comments.
Cheers mates. 👍

I5j6zDY.jpg 

sOReCSC.jpg

1GjlGtc.jpg

U8z4Apx.jpg

l0toqgm.jpg

wRcbRz8.jpg

kkUJa59.jpg

N21znLB.jpg

Bvdmszg.jpg

ERUsX7h.jpg

ynmDRXj.jpg

6JnVQb9.jpg

jKlU2em.jpg

Enbrxfy.jpg

Thats a fine job Francis, I love the base and the build up of mud at the bottom of the skirts & Chassis. How did the kit come together? What did you use for the blast bag at the barrel or did the kit come with something? I recently finished the old Tamiya kit and it was very basic. I just put some camo netting around the front of the turret to hide the fact that there was no bag.  I intend to buy the Rye Field Models new Challengers which look great. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Wallace said:

Thats a fine job Francis, I love the base and the build up of mud at the bottom of the skirts & Chassis. How did the kit come together? What did you use for the blast bag at the barrel or did the kit come with something? I recently finished the old Tamiya kit and it was very basic. I just put some camo netting around the front of the turret to hide the fact that there was no bag.  I intend to buy the Rye Field Models new Challengers which look great. 

Hi David, 

Many thanks for you follow, like and kind words, Well, the kit was pretty good, it was my first TAKOM, and the most expensive to date, so I waited to see if it didn't screw up ... lol
The most difficult thing for me was the tracks, which had to be inserted with the rubber pads in each link ... and I then joined the links to form the complete track, but I dared to do even some saggy ...
The thermal sleeve of the barrel, came already in the detailed kit, the union with the mantlet, was of resin? ... because it was soft.
What if I wanted to do was the leftover buckles, which was scratch, I tried various homemade materials, and in the end after many attempts, with aluminum foil, I managed to cut pieces and then stick them in the right place with CA .
If you look closely at a photo, I think they can be seen coming out of the canyon.
I imagine there will be a set of PE for that, or some more suitable homemade material ...?
I have left you a link in the Panther topic, but to the Armor vehicles RFI section, where there are more and more detailed photos of the model than in the Diorames RFI section.
I think Rye's kits are very good too, but the assembly of the tracks if I'm not mistaken, they are "hell", because of their difficulty and immense amount of parts ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Francis, 

I built the Meng Leopard 1 mid last year and they have multi parts for each link.

A bit time consuming, but went together ok.

Problem was when, after I had painted the track I applied a Enamel wash and this seems to have reacted with the plastic and or paint. They just disintegrated. 

I used superglue together with some new links to sort it but even days later other parts of the tracks were breaking up. More superglue was used and now that its on a base it should be ok.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, David Wallace said:

Francis, 

I built the Meng Leopard 1 mid last year and they have multi parts for each link.

A bit time consuming, but went together ok.

Problem was when, after I had painted the track I applied a Enamel wash and this seems to have reacted with the plastic and or paint. They just disintegrated. 

I used superglue together with some new links to sort it but even days later other parts of the tracks were breaking up. More superglue was used and now that its on a base it should be ok.

Hi David,

It is true, some products do not react well together with others, unfortunately, we almost always realize it when we have already had the experience, not before ... lol
Even so, your model looks great, and I love the base, simple, but very well achieved and effective.
One suggestion, maybe not correct, even so, I would add some displaced "grass-mud" to the sides of the track marks on the terrain already covered.
I encourage you to publish it in the RFI section of the dioramas, if you feel like it and you have time.
Cheers and TC
Francis.:thumbsup: