Tornado GR1

I pushed the main gear doors down a bit as they really wouldn't sit right or stay very firm otherwise. Not sure if that's totally accurate though.

spacer.png

@Mutley, I used a decent size screw and some nails squeezed into blu-tack. There's plenty of room in the radome and under the cockpit. Instructions said use 30 grams but I usually try to go a bit heavier just in case.

• Like 1

Most of the decals are on, just a few little bits to add now. Overall it's not a bad kit, just a bit fiddly in parts, particularly the intakes. I'm not sure on the overall shape, it looks like a Tornado, but does it look like one as much as the Airfix kit in this scale? 

Some of the stencils look a bit large when applied, not sure if that's just me or anyone else experienced that with the Italeri kit?

She's still anonymous for now, all I know is she'll be an RAF Germany jet from the mid-80s, but not sure on serial or even squadron yet. I have 16 sqn decals but the only code is for FV which I won't do as that was lost. Might have to look for aftermarket. 

spacer.png

Will be fully loaded too. Just need to decide what to hang under the fuselage, if anything.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I tend to agree about the stenciling as I thought the same when decaling my F3.

Anyway, nice build and it looks the business to me. Now it's finished, it would be good to see it alongside the Airfix kit for comparison.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 9:15 PM, Tornadofairy said:

I worked on them from 84 to 88, before heading off to the land of the petrodollar to train their technicians for 12 years... Nice to see someone doing a green/grey GR1! I know what you mean about getting old, some I worked on are in museums...lol.

When I visited the Military Museum in Brussels in 2002 there was already an F-16 there.

• Haha 1