Junkers Ju52/1m in Civilian markings (CF-ARM)

Hi all, I managed to get some slightly better shots of the finished article today. The WIP thread, for anyone wishing to peruse, is located here.

As you will see from the WIP, there were a number of challenges along the way with this one, many of them foolishly self-imposed! Still, the result has scrubbed up reasonably well; not perfect, I readily admit, but at least it fits in my display cabinet - just!

Here's a few photos of the result:

KKQ0N0q.jpg

HYhBQfD.jpg

n1F0ByB.jpg

J0WSfPM.jpg

1y4AGdg.jpg

KaFdUmW.jpg

77Cqfre.jpg

2Uza8Fv.jpg

fAOyWsl.jpg

N99yIo6.jpg

b9H7nKW.jpg

All comments and criticisms gratefully received, of course.

• Like 64
  • Thanks 3

That is very cool! I always enjoy seeing aircraft that are not done by nearly every model manufacturer. Not that I don't mind the countless Mustangs and Spitfires either.

This just shows the model manufacturers that some lesser known types are appreciated by model builders as well.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

That is a real beauty. You did a good job on that conversion. I will use some of the things that I learned here on my build (if I ever manage to restart it).

Now that you finished it you can move on to a Junkers F24. The G24 minus two engines.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks to @Todders, @invidia, @Tbolt, @Josip, @Bullbasket, @Work In Progress, @Toryu, @Spitfire31, @dogsbody, @Gorby, @Vinnie, @Orso, @Moa and @djos for your most kind comments.

I think I am not alone in being attracted to unusual subjects, or unusual variants on a common theme, and this particular project fitted the bill perfectly. If I am being honest with myself, and with the bounteous but useless hindsight now at my disposal, the decision to foil the exterior of this thing was not the best. Not that I am averse to foiling generally, I think when it's well done it looks fantastic. I do however think that foiling corrugations should have been left for another time and maybe a similar (but smaller!) project. I may take Björn's advice and seek out an F24 kit to that purpose!

That said, I am very pleased with how the nose and tail modifications turned out, as well as the corrugated interior which actually exceeded my hopes quite generously.

For John (Bullbasket) the Ju52 was originally designed to be single engined, but only the first 7 were like this. From aircraft number 8 onwards, they were modified to a tri-motor ( /3m) configuration, using radial engines. Sadly, no original aircraft from this first batch of 7 survive today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1