1/48 - MRCA Tornado by Eduard (Revell IDS plastic) - GR.Mk.1, ECR & IDS released

Homebee

Don't forget that you can still join in the Tornado Warning STGB starting in September. That's 5 months to collect the resin bits.

Colin 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Accessories.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/3398541103494146

Upgrade your Desert Babe!

- ref. 648547 - TIALD pod - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/tiald-pod-1-48.html

- ref. 648527 - BOZ-EC pod - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/boz-ec-pod-1-48.html

- ref. 648528 - Sky Shadow ECM pod - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/sky-shadow-ecm-pod-1-48.html

- ref. 648546 - PHIMAT chaff dispenser - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/phimat-chaff-dispenser-1-48.html

- ref. 648549 - ALARM missiles - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/alarm-missiles-1-48.html

- ref. 648550 - CPU-123 Paveway II - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/cpu-123-paveway-ii-1-48.html

- ref. 481007 - Desert Babe upgrade set - https://www.eduard.com/eduard/desert-babe-upgrade-set-1-48.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Homerlovesbeer said:

So it is impossible to buy this now........are Eduard doing another run?

Doubtful. All done and dusted I believe and they're due tp release the seats as Brassin parts sometime around August. 

5 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Doubtful. All done and dusted I believe and they're due tp release the seats as Brassin parts sometime around August. 

Wow that sux. :raincloud:

From what I read the kit sold out before it was released so why would you NOT do another run? I've seached sites for hours and only find "sold out" , "discontinued" everywhere.

Bizzare....and sad 😭

Edited by Homerlovesbeer

I would be more questioning Revell why they were/are not capable releasing "Desert Storm Gr.1" under their own label, with all the "accessories"  being properly done in plastic.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Like 4

Yesterday my pair of Eduard JP233 dispenser pods arrived.

I highly recomend these, fantastic detail and well cast.

They even come with the attachment points detailed, so would look great on a trolly for a diorama.

My only concern is the weight, they are big items and a fully loaded Tornado would be heavy on its landing gear...But my model is on stand, so no issues there for myself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Homerlovesbeer said:

Wow that sux. :raincloud:

From what I read the kit sold out before it was released so why would you NOT do another run? I've seached sites for hours and only find "sold out" , "discontinued" everywhere.

Bizzare....and sad 😭

I think that's been the case for a lot of Eduard limited runs recently which is why I do my best to snap up a couple when I can. But then depending on how much its the actual 'boxing' you're after versus the content there's still a chance to achieve much of the latter through purchase of a Revell kit plus accessories and decals. And there's always the chance that a kit will be listed on popular auction sites though they are often around twice what the original offer price was. All depends on how much you want it. Though a recent listing a saw for the 'Farewell Tornado' ADV kit at £150 was clearly taking the proverbial.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Yesterday my pair of Eduard JP233 dispenser pods arrived.

I highly recomend these, fantastic detail and well cast.

They even come with the attachment points detailed, so would look great on a trolly for a diorama.

My only concern is the weight, they are big items and a fully loaded Tornado would be heavy on its landing gear...But my model is on stand, so no issues there for myself.

My first set arrived yesterday along with a pair of GR1 'Look' sets. The 233's are absolutely beautiful. I've one set planned as the yellow prototype/dummy? for a GR1 prototype and I'm thinking of starting the paint job today just to see what they'll be like. The second set (due to arrive next week with some other goodies from Eduard) will be the scheme for one of the Desert Babe kits. As for the LooK parts they're definitely head and shoulders over the PE versions though could still do with a little home made pezaz to make them 'pop'. Then again, the recent releases by Quinta Studios for the Hind, Mig-29 and others 'seems' to take matters to a whole new level. Guess I'll have to wait and see when my versions arrive. 

Just read this, so they are all gone then ... forever? I'd have bought one.

Revell are still bringing their GR-4 out soon again I hope though?

The reason they are limited is Eduard buy a certain amount o the plastic kits and gear the boxes, decals etc to that.  They probably know they will sell them all, and for them thats better than a larger or second run which end up being discounted at a later date.

Snap the limited boxings like this up when you see them as its highly unlikely you will see one agin.

• Like 3

As stated above, currently hard to get...

Sometimes they turn up later again on the srcond hand market, or from lots not sold at the high price... keep looking, or simply do your own boxing ;)

All ingredients and much more can be found seperately :)

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 9:30 AM, Nocoolname said:

My first set arrived yesterday along with a pair of GR1 'Look' sets. The 233's are absolutely beautiful. I've one set planned as the yellow prototype/dummy? for a GR1 prototype and I'm thinking of starting the paint job today just to see what they'll be like. The second set (due to arrive next week with some other goodies from Eduard) will be the scheme for one of the Desert Babe kits. As for the LooK parts they're definitely head and shoulders over the PE versions though could still do with a little home made pezaz to make them 'pop'. Then again, the recent releases by Quinta Studios for the Hind, Mig-29 and others 'seems' to take matters to a whole new level. Guess I'll have to wait and see when my versions arrive. 

Prototype JP233, Thats a good idea and would add colour to a model..And you can build a early Tornado to carry it..and paint a white belly and red/orange photography pods for the wings.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Kits being re released by Eduard in March in what would appear to be another limited run, 200 editions with, questionable posters! The posters are apparently of 'Desert Babes' but only one actually features original Op Granby nose art.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - MRCA Tornado GR Mk.1 "Gulf War" by Eduard (Revell IDS plastic) - released
20 hours ago, Muzz said:

Kits being re released by Eduard in March in what would appear to be another limited run, 200 editions with, questionable posters! The posters are apparently of 'Desert Babes' but only one actually features original Op Granby nose art.

After taking a look at the posters -for research purposes only, you understand- I have to admit that the authenticity, or lack of, is not really of any great concern...

:tasty: :tasty: :tasty:

• Thanks 1

On 01/02/2021 at 19:32, Muzz said:

Gonna get me one of these.

11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I would strongly suggest getting a pre-order in  as the last time they sold out pretty quickly.

Got a link to pre-order one from please?

H I guess?

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Aside from the box art and racy postcards was there much difference between this and the original release?

Not that I know. I probably would have thought twice if the 3 new fictional pin-up would have been included a modern alternative decal.... :)

seems to be a marketing strategy only to quickly move some kits... although I suspect the original would have sold out again quickly as well

No it's a "special" special....