1/48 - MRCA Tornado by Eduard (Revell IDS plastic) - GR.Mk.1, ECR & IDS released

Homebee

Homebee,

This kit will be released in March 2020. I have confirmed that just this morning with Eduard directly.  It was on their release announcement for March kits, which was sent out in January.  There was a small error in the slide in their PowerPoint presentation of yesterday.

Edited by LanceB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 6:31 AM, Homebee said:

IMG-1159-1536x1024-1.jpg

Yeh, but all of those noses on the drawings look sort of "McGoo...", don't they? They should be shorter and pointing a bit downward.

Please notice Mr Eduard about that until is too late, 'cause no-one will trust the plastic inside?

Yeh, no-one will...

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My kit arrived today, going straight to the top of the build pile! A couple of nice surprises are that it has the parts for the GR4 which will come in handy for IDS boxing in the stash and both external tank fits are included so no need to be on the hunt for the big jugs.

GR4 parts maybe suggest another boxing on the cards?!

• Like 4

On 04/02/2020 at 22:03, Uncle Uncool said:

Yeh, but all of those noses on the drawings look sort of "McGoo...", don't they? They should be shorter and pointing a bit downward.

Please notice Mr Eduard about that until is too late, 'cause no-one will trust the plastic inside?

Yeh, no-one will...

Cheers,

Unc2

Thats just artwork.  

The plastic inside is the revell kit which is already known so shouldn’t have any new surprises. 

I have it - and it´s niceeee and for few bucks. Hotseats, masks, double photo etched (brass/coloured) and decals with pin ups. Great offer from "Eddie" !

And plastic is maybe little better as in original release...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

The plastic inside is the revell kit which is already known so shouldn’t have any new surprises. 

Ah, very good to know, Tony, my mate; yeh.

Although I'm much more mates with the Italeri Tonka kit nose than I'm with the Revell Tonka kit nose anyways.

Yeh, me is...

Cheers,

Unc2

2 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Ah, very good to know, Tony, my mate; yeh.

Although I'm much more mates with the Italeri Tonka kit nose than I'm with the Revell Tonka kit nose anyways.

Yeh, me is...

Cheers,

Unc2

I know nothing about tornado kits mate. 
All I did was take a minute to read the what this thread was about and the information in it before commenting 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

Noticed an error in decal option H, ZD892 “Helen” the tail code ‘H’ should be black not white and applied further forward and down the tail fin. The colour and position for Her shown was on GR1A, ZA373 during the conflict.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:47 AM, Muzz said:

My kit arrived today, going straight to the top of the build pile! A couple of nice surprises are that it has the parts for the GR4 which will come in handy for IDS boxing in the stash and both external tank fits are included so no need to be on the hunt for the big jugs.

GR4 parts maybe suggest another boxing on the cards?!

This was the first thing I looked for when I opened mine too, which is great as I have two cheaply bought IDS boxings and this will help turn one of those into another GR.4. 

It worries me though that people will just buy the kit for the GR.4 bits and part the extras out on eBay as that kind of defeats the point of the whole ltd edition boxing thing. 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908

For those who bought the kit and intend to build it in a dirty configuration (*), Eduard has made the same mistake as Revell in the instructions. Swap parts 106 and 108, or you'll have interesting moments trying to fit the flaps.

And if you buy the Tornado GR1 for the GR4 bits, it's not such a good idea, because the cockpit is for an IDS/GR1, not a GR4.

(*): Tonkas were parked with slats and flaps in the up position to avoid sand getting in their private parts. I know that, but will that prevent me from building it with everything hanging down? Meh...

Cheers,

S.

• Like 1

You would think that given the fact that they basically had them all pre-ordered/sold by release date [if that is the case], Eduard would consider another run? I expect GR4 plastic is about to be relatively plentiful soon with the imminent Revell GR4 re-release?

23 minutes ago, Christer A said:

It seems that I was able to snag one of the precious few that made the trip to Sweden 😊

Now, are Eduard going to come out with a pair of JP233:s or not?

On the release schedule for April IIRC

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WV908 said:

On the release schedule for April IIRC

Cheers,

WV908

Sorry to be the bringer of not so good news, but Eduard April schedules has a TIALD pod and CPU/123 bombs.

No JP233 so far.

Cheers,

S.

7 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

Sorry to be the bringer of not so good news, but Eduard April schedules has a TIALD pod and CPU/123 bombs.

No JP233 so far.

Cheers,

S.

I think that these are now coming along in May.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sebastien said:

No JP233 so far.

Cheers,

S.

Couldn't download the Eduard news to check, but I thought they were doing JP233's?

EDIT: Yeah they are, catalogue number 648551

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908

2 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Couldn't download the Eduard news to check, but I thought they were doing JP233's?

Cheers,

WV908

It seems they'll do them in May (see Jabba's post).

Cheers,

S.