Ilmavoimat Pilatus PC-12NG, PI-04

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Next on list is the Sova M PC-12. as with repackaged Amodel kits this one needs a little fettling to get a good parts fit.

19aea2e9-f366-4027-92e8-7a165bf8e4b2?t=1

Starting with the cockpit.

49471446781_48484673b9_b.jpg

49471446806_607fa31454_b.jpg

49471669652_ca996b3160_b.jpg

The cabin clear parts were inserted into the painted fuselage sections. The wing was assembled

49470954383_83ac727def_b.jpg

and the tail group

49471446891_942dbb730d_b.jpg

The prop group was also put together and a test fit of the sub assemblies so far

49471446861_45f9d25d50_b.jpg

• Like 20

Not a subject I was expecting to see but all the more interesting and welcome because of that Ray and you've made good progress with it already :) 

• Like 1

Who would of thought one of these would turn up? That looks great Ray and yet another Finnish subject to compete against the many Swedish builds on offer. Hopefully Rich will want to be his statistical best again and count how many builds we have for each of the nominated countries. Now that would be interesting. 

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

Man, you aircraft guys keep banging them out... I'm just halfway into a truck chassis for crying out loud 🙂 

Btw you guys ok down there in Canberra?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Man, you aircraft guys keep banging them out... I'm just halfway into a truck chassis for crying out loud 🙂 

Yeah, but we mostly build our models from existing parts - and not strips of plastic! :D

But yes, there has been great progress with builds so far. And great to see even more Finnish subjects :) Even more so as according to Rich's spreadsheet, there's only two Finns participating, me included.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gee Ray when did you sneak this one in!!!

What a nice looking aircraft and model for that matter!

Good luck with this one as well, another in an even growing list of builds I have to follow!!

9 hours ago, reini said:

But yes, there has been great progress with builds so far. And great to see even more Finnish subjects :) Even more so as according to Rich's spreadsheet, there's only two Finns participating, me included.

You also have those with Finnish Heritage, my parents emigrated from Heinola back in 1958 for the warmer climates of the antipodes

1 minute ago, trickyrich said:

Gee Ray when did you sneak this one in!!!

What a nice looking aircraft and model for that matter!

Good luck with this one as well, another in an even growing list of builds I have to follow!!

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Btw you guys ok down there in Canberra?

Rich, I am away in Adelaide looking after my elder son after a minor operation, so I have a lot of time in my hands at the moment.

Jeroen, We are doing OK, but the constant fire warnings are draining. Fortunately I am 1300km away at the moment but head back on Tuesday. That being said, we live in North, the fires are lapping the southern fringes about 50kms from my place so we are safe. I thought I would never say I am looking forward to Winter!

The fire fighters are doing a sterling job keeping the fires away from the city, Multiple retardant drops by the DC-10, RJ-85 and helo tankers are helping greatly.

• Like 5

Not much more I can do on this one with the facilitates on hand. I have added the flap track fairings to the wings and sanded the clear parts flush. I don't want to do much more until I get home as this has to be endure airline baggage handlers. Some putty is required, which I think will be applied tonight or tomorrow. Heading back home on Tuesday afternoon.

49476038241_516dc5b493_b.jpg

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Col. said:

How's the fit of parts so far Ray?

Col, Amodel kits need a bit of TLC when assembling, the larger parts like the fuselage do not have locating pins. So clean up is in order for all parts before applying glue. There are a lot of smaller parts that have largish poor stubs on them which makes clean up a little harder. This is the second Amodel civil/bizjet type kit I have started (the other is a Learjet) and both need the trailing edge of the lower wing insert thinned down so you get a flush fit on trailing edge. something I did not get right on both builds, so some filling and sanding will be required. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...