1/48 Revell Tornado F3

Hi everyone.

My latest work, finished it at the end of last year, it's taken a while to do the photo's.

It's built as one of the options out of the box. I added Neomega seats, Brassin wheels and AIM 9L Sidewinders. I just had the usual fight to get the intakes to align, same as everyone reports for this kit.

Painted with a mixture of Tamiya and Xtracrylix paints.

All comments welcome.

IMG-4186.jpg

IMG-4187.jpg

IMG-4188.jpg

IMG-4196.jpg

IMG-4197.jpg

IMG-4198.jpg

IMG-4199.jpg

IMG-4190.jpg

IMG-4191.jpg

Rob.

• Like 37

This is beautiful!  I'm building one at the moment, but I have it on pause.  One of the wing pivots is broken, and I cannot find the other half of it, so I'm waiting for a replacement part from Revell.  

How easy did you find the wing pivot/weapons pylons linkages to do?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neilg said:

How easy did you find the wing pivot/weapons pylons linkages to do?

Mine went together pretty easy. I just had to make sure all the parts were clean of flash or any areas that would catch. You only need the inner pylon pivots to work, as there are no outboard pylons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phone Phixer said:

Yes they do. They also have linkages to the pylon mounts, so the pylons remain pointing forward while the wings sweep back and forwards.

Interesting and a great feature,  imho.  I have a Hobbycraft 1/48 FB-111 with pivoting pylons too.    I think it adds something to the models.  Thanks for the info!  🍺

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

How is this kit? I've heard people say it's an absolute dog fit wise and others say it goes together fine. Seems really polarized but Tornados in 1/48 are really limited.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhantomLover said:

very nice Tornado. I have the same kit in my stash.. which grey did you use for the fuselage?

Kind regards,

Gerben

I used Hannants Xtracrylix XA1017 RAF camouflage (barley) grey.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fox_Two said:

How is this kit? I've heard people say it's an absolute dog fit wise and others say it goes together fine. Seems really polarized but Tornados in 1/48 are really limited.

It was Ok overall. The worst areas for fit were building the intakes and the rear most part of the fuselage. You have to ensure every joining surface is cleaned of even the minutest bits of flash. Otherwise the fit gets worse as you progress.