Tamiya '98 Subaru Impreza WRC

PatW

My latest one of these is a rescue. The original owner was unknown to plastic modeling because he/she hand painted all of the underside parts whilst on the sprues and then tried to glue them onto the chassis. The problem was that all of the parts surfaces were painted so no bare plastic left to glue together. In that attempt quite a few pieces were broken.

I then had to cobble together the chassis, steering, hubs, front & rear suspension, driveshafts etc. Luckily enough none of the body, interior, glass or decals were damaged.

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

And with some previously built versions of the Scooby....................................

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

And the 7Up car with mainly home printed decals..............................

photo1-th.jpg

This will be my last build for a while and my wife and I after 52 years married are selling our split level house and moving to a 'future proof' bungalow, one floor living!

We might both be 70+ and fit we don't know what may be ahead healthwise.

My next major problem is packing and transporting 300+ builds!

Edited by PatW
  • Like 9

Very nice Pat got to love a scooby and yours look fab 👍Good luck with the move mate see you back on here soon 

Regards Andy 

Thanks guys, and for the support in our soon to be move!

Thanks Pete , yes I'll probably need so much bubblewrap I'll float away! I'm leaving behind my cabin so I'll have to build another.

photo-th.jpg

We built this one 7 years ago, so I'll have to buy another!

• Like 3

Nice rescue Pat, I did one of those as the first car when I started back into modelling, I might redo that one day as I've learned a lot since :) 

Hope your move goes well and all your models survive unscathed

,Our son is nearing completion on his first house, so once he goes I've earmarked his room as a mancave 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks Ian.

Unfortunately as the Covid-19 is here everything on the move has stopped! So I've unpacked a few kits and started building again! Better than being bored stiff waiting for things to change.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PatW said:

everything on the move has stopped!

Hi Pat

Similar story with my lad

He has completed on the house but not moved in yet. As it's not far and the house is empty we have walked up on our daily exercise and have done some work with the limited resources we have. So the house is clean and we have painted parts of it with the paints he had already got. Unfortunately he can't move in yet as he can't get carpets and laminates for the flooring and a lot of the rubbish is in the garage as the tip is closed. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon

Stay safe and post up your progress 

Ian :) 

Yes Redstaff, we have 10 in the chain and we are last! Same problems, trying to clear 32 years of, well rubbish etc, with all the tips shut! My wife and her sister are clearing their mothers bungalow, who passed away last year and she has had to have three skips as my sister-in-law has lived there as well, so she's had to find somewhere to live as well! But still no moving dates on either.

What bothered me was watching the news yesterday, that the government have told the pubs to pour away the booze as they won't be re-opening till next year!