Ripley and Newt Aliens

After my brief flirtation with Hammer films,normal service has been resumed :)

Got this big kit via Killer kits,a lovely big chunk of well cast resin.Kit as it came.

SZusjk.jpg

oAOQ2D.jpg 

fair play to the original sculptor,Sigourney Weavers hair is very ill defined in this film,so I had a go at bulking it out with Milliput

OeIood.jpg

The base is really nice too,but I didnt like all the gaps ,so filled with Milliput and added some surface detail.

6uwvuL.jpg

Story so far.

OeIood.jpg

• Like 14

Spent a few days going to work on an egg(or two)

0fCjMD.jpg

Been blocking out some colours on the main figures.

WHlkil.jpg

Newts dungarees have been giving me a major pain,they have a very fine pinstripe on them,at first i cut thin strips of masking tape,covered the figure then added a few coats of white,however once I removed the tape the lines appeared too big,so I re-coated in the blue and decided to give up on the whole pinstripe effect,I then gave the blue a white dry brush to add highlights,but what it  also did was pick up the mask line on the white ,instant very fine pinstipes! A happy modelling accident :)

• Like 14

Some great likenesses there! I was worried you had a huge amount of clean-up to do, but it's all the nest gunk on Newt so just fine :)

Eggs are looking very nice, as are Newt's dungarees. The texture from the paint lines adds a nice level of detail.

W

• Like 1