***Finished***Another Heller SAAB Lansen

PhantomBigStu

welcome along Stu with another great choice.

I do like these aircraft and would love to build one in 1/48th.

Good luck with your second build, look forward to seeing it in the gallery as well.

Hi Stu,

As I suspected Heller changed the decs to include an A32A in green so that saves you having to consider buying an expensive sheet like I did. I believe Maestro are still producing belly tanks and some underwing stores if you are interested, but the only Rb 04 seem to be in 1.48 unfortunately.

If it goes together as well as mine has for far it will be a pleasure to build.

Pete 

Hi Stu,

The NMF shows that the lower wing to fuselage joint on mine is a bit iffy - all the others were pretty good, though the age of the mould might cause you a few more problems than I had. I see you put the wing fences on. As I said in my thread I would have advised leaving them off until you had masked and painted the NMF leading edge, but I managed to get away with it so you should be ok - your hands are I believe somewhat younger than mine so should be a lot steadier.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB

7 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Hi Stu,

The MNF shows that the lower wing to fuselage joint on mine is a bit iffy - all the others were pretty good, though the age of the mould might cause you a few more problems than I had. I see you put the wing fences on. As I said in my thread I would have advised leaving them off until you had masked and painted the NMF leading edge, but I managed to get away with it so you should be ok - your hands are I believe somewhat younger than mine so should be a lot steadier.

Cheers

Pete

As it happens a) the wings fences have fallen off and b) the newer edition includes the chrome leading edges as decals to go over the base nmf

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Hi Stu,

Interesting. Sources say that the leading edges of the wings, horizontal and vertical tail "were left in natural metal", overlapping very slightly onto the upper surfaces (nowhere as wide as on post war USN jets - the instructions with my decs say 0.83mm scale width). If they are the correct size they may be a sod to fit over the curvature of the wing - I never could get the red "gun patches" on Airfix Hurricanes and Spitfires to settle into a sort of "U" shape even with micro sol and set. If they do fit, then you may have a problem with them not matching whatever paint you use on the undersurfaces so you might end up having to paint them anyway, but I suppose it was a decent enough idea from Heller.

Best of luck.

Pete

Edited by PeterB