Gliders and tugs GB ? 1 more needed .At 31 now !!.

Erwin

On 9/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Bonhoff said:

Does a Space Shuttle or Me163 count as a glider?

Asking for a friend...

IanJ

22 hours ago, Erwin said:

Well,I'm no shuttle expert.

Based on your explenation...OK !

Go on Ian. Now you can tell your, er, friend. 😉

• Like 1

So sorry, got distracted with clouds and things I don't really understand!  I'm presently building the Hotspur, have made a little cockpit, with thanks to Aeronut for the detailed pictures which have helped greatly and removed me that I should have used the moniker BAD modelmaker!  You'll see when I get 5 mins to upload pictures.....

I'm about to close up the fuselage but it occurs to me there must be a spar running through, but I'm not sure I can see it in the pictures but I THINK you'll see it from the canopy, or rather NOT see it if I don't do something to represent it. There MUST be a spar??  I ought to do some seats too I suppose....do you ever wish you were a kid again and t you could just glue then together?

• 2 weeks later...

The questions with putting one's name down to potential GB's in October are "would I vote fir the GB" and if another GB gets over the line to be in the bun fight "would this reduce the chances of another GB I favour".

Well I think I would vote for this one and  join in with a Stirling tug as this is an aircraft missing from my local collection.

So add me to the list.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, TonyOD said:

If target tugs are eligible I'd have a go. Got a couple of nice stripy examples in the stash, a Firefly and (I think) a Skua.

I don't have either of these kits now since my conversion to l'Hellerisme but don't want to give back word on the GB... I've heard hints that Heller are about to put out a C-47 but I assume it's a rebox of someone else's kit, that's close enough for me. C-47's towed gliders, right?   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I don't have either of these kits now since my conversion to l'Hellerisme but don't want to give back word on the GB... I've heard hints that Heller are about to put out a C-47 but I assume it's a rebox of someone else's kit, that's close enough for me. C-47's towed gliders, right?   

Don't go buying a kit yet.

This proposal hasn't reached the 30 mark yet.

And it's not certain it will get a slot next year if it does reach the 30 participants.

• Thanks 1

Can i please add my name to your list  . Hope to build the Bronco 1/35 German Tactical Assault Glider DFS 230 B-1.

If the G/B occures during the Winter months i woulsd have the time to do a small diorama .

Cheers

Alistair

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Erwin changed the title to Gliders and tugs GB ? 1 more needed .At 30 now !!.
  • Erwin changed the title to Gliders and tugs GB ? 1 more needed .At 31 now !!.
  • 2 weeks later...